Part six

Carina has changed outfits and quickly walked back to work.

God she was beautiful.. those eyes.. so beautiful she thought to herself

"Okay Carina.. clear your head. You have to work, bringing new life in this world.. you know.. come on" she said to herself so she would focus on the people in the hospital.

"Carina, your late, what happend? You're never late" Amelia said to her

"Well.. I bumped in to someone, fell on the floor with all of her hot coffee over me" Carina said to her while she is putting on her apron.

"Oh seriously! Are you okay? Did she apologized?" Amelia asked

"No, she didn't. Well.. eventually she did. But it's okay, we're all good" Carina said with a big smile on her face

"Look who is all happy now" Amelia said with a smirk on her face

"Dr. Deluca trauma one" a male voice said to her

Carina was still thinking about Maya, did she only feel the tension between the two of them, or was it just her?

"DR DELUCA" The male voice shouted to her getting Carina out of her trance

"Shit, Sorry! Coming!" Carina said as she enters trauma one
————————————————————————
Maya was on her way to her house, now without her coffee.

She had e rough day, a rough week actually just a couple of rough months.

She missed her friends, her station family. The last few years she hasn't spoken much to her dad and mom. He was disappointed that she still wasn't captain at her point in life. She is captain now, her father said that he was proud but now it was time to go for battalion chief. Normally she would talk to Andy about it, but that was not an option now.

It was just never enough to satisfied him. And Maya still feels the urge to do this for him, not for herself.. she has to proof something to him.

She was just so done with everything and everyone until this afternoon. She bumped in to the women and at first she was just so mad that the day kept getting worse.

She was rude to her, she knew that. But when she looked in the brown eyes, she just felt safe and okay for a minute. It was weird, she also knew that.

She wasn't capable of looking away for a minute just when she realized she was staring blindly at her. 

After a long day and night shift with all events that happened, the women is all she could think about. It just felt good for a moment, just natural.

She walked in to the kitchen to get some coffee when she heard her phone. After she get a cup of coffee she walked to the couch where her phone was and opened the message.

*unknown*
Hi Maya, Carina here with all off your coffee on me ;). I'm working till 7 pm today. Is it convenient that I give you a call afterwards or are you working then?

Hmm.. Maya thought to herself. I know something better..

*Maya to Carina*
Hi Carina! Haha. so sorry for that. I've had a night shift so I'm free then. Why don't you come over at my place so we can complete it and hopefully start all over again. I'm sorry for being rude at you. Let me make it up to you!

*Carina to Maya*
Haha its okay, night shift are the worst so I understand why you were grumpy. What's your adres? Then I will come by and we can indeed finish this mess! ;)

Maya gave her adres and Carina replied that she would be there at 8 pm.

"Shit.. I have to clean the house now and get myself a little bit cleaned up" Maya said to herself

when she was done with cleaning her house and herself she noticed that it was already 7.30 pm.. "okay Maya just relax.. be yourself"