Chapter 20

It feels weird going back. I honestly never planned on coming back here but sadly it's necessary at the moment. I groan to myself as I open the door to walk into the pack house. 

"Alexandra. How can I help you?" I don't know how to address Cassie's father anymore. He isn't my Alpha. It seems rude to just say his name. Yeah, this kinda sucks.

"I need a favor...Mr. Black" I just blurt out trying not to worry over formalities right now. "Where is Nick?"

"He's at school. He might be a Beta but he is still in high school. Also, you could just call me Rudi. I'm sure you didn't know what to say after so long." He looked at me smugly and I was just annoyed that I obviously had a face that everyone could read. 

I just nodded my head and Cassie's mom walked into the room. Now Mrs. Black I loved. "Oh, Alexandra dear. What are you doing here?" 

She walked around to where I was standing to give me a hug. She pulled away but held me an arm's length away to scan me up and down. I'm sure she approved because she gave my arms a pat and smiled as she let go of her hold.

"Being with Cassie seems to have done you some good. You're a lot more fit since you left." I couldn't stop the face-splitting grin on my face. 

She was partially right. Finding my mate and my place in my new pack had a lot to do with it as well. However, it's something I'm going to have to explain when trying to convince them that I need Nick for a while.

"Yes. I had to leave recently which is why I'm here." My statement got the attention of both of them. 

Instead of waiting for them to ask the question that was silently in the air, I decided to just answer them and explain exactly why I'm here.

"I am mated now, to Mason. He's got a challenge coming up and I'm trying to get him ready." I start looking to see if they are following along. 

Neither seems confused or lost so I continue on. "Avery and I are trying to get him ready but I'm sure you can see even with more muscle and being stronger I'm nowhere near the size of an Alpha. This brings me to why I'm here."

I fully expected Mr. Black to be a little more annoyed at this point. He has to know what I'm asking for and I'm sure he doesn't like the idea of sharing his son and future Alpha with a pack he hasn't come to a peace agreement with. 

"So you need Nick to help with his training?" He asks completely calm. I'm not going to lie, a calm Mr. Black is terrifying. "Yes."

Waiting for a reply seemed like a lifetime. Mr. Black looked to Mrs. Black and I could tell they were mindlinking each other. Mrs. Black raised her eyebrows in complete shock before looking back at me. Is that a good thing or bad? Could they just tell me already?

"As long as Nick is willing to do it, I'm okay with it," he stated matter of factly. 

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't shocked. Mr. Black noticed my mouth open from shock and laughed. "Expected a no?"

I nodded my head, just now being able to close my mouth. Mrs. Black laughed as well. She came back and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "You were one of us so we trust you. This is an opportunity for both Nick and Mason to get stronger and build a strong bond and ties for future ties."

Now it makes perfect sense. It's like a business transaction when it comes to the heads of packs. Although I am considered a Luna, I'm new and have much to learn. In this instance, I have to agree with everything they stated and have strong ties with Nick already thanks to Cassie and the battles we have fought. 

"Do I want to know why you're here?" I quickly turn around to see that Nick has walked into the house.

He slings his backpack off his shoulder and throws it on the couch. "I know Cassie is fine because her mood swings have been in check for a couple of weeks. So," He trails off at the end waiting for me to fill in for him.