Roni (Trenton)

He's beautiful

He's beautiful. The redheaded boy before me is possibly the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on. As cringey as that sounds, it's the truth. His shaggy ginger hair and deep green eyes, his slim and small figure. The faint freckles littered on his nose and cheeks. His fragile and delicate hands. He's everything I could have ever wanted and more. How have I never noticed him before? What's his name? Oh boy, do I need to know his name...

The emerald green eyes I am looking straight into at this moment belong to my mate. The moon goddess knew what she was doing when she chose him to be the one and only for me. I can feel the bond pulling me towards him and the wolf inside me yearning for his touch. Before I can even think of what to say, my feet start taking me in his direction.

"Fuck..." I hear him say under his breath. Why is that? Is something wrong? Is he okay? Now that I think about it, he seems quite pale and looks like he's sweating a bit. The closer I get to him I begin to hear the rapid beating of his heart and see the look of pure terror in his eyes. Is he scared of me? I think to myself as I begin to wonder if I have met this boy before. No, that's not possible. I would remember him, I'm sure of it. So then, why does he look like he's about to run away out of fear?

Once I am close enough to speak, I say the first thing that comes to mind. "Umm... Hi...?" Really, Trent? Wow... I mentally facepalm myself as I try to figure out his expression. I notice him look away from me and down at the ground as he attempts to hide his trembling hands in the pocket of his black hoodie.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask him as I reach my hand out to grab his shoulder. By the time my hand is about to touch his shoulder, it looks as if something clicks his mind to the rest of his body. He takes off running in the opposite direction before I can stop him.

I stand there in complete shock as I watch him disappear around the corner of the hall. Should I go after him? I think to myself as I try to gather my thoughts and figure out what my best option is. If he is truly scared of me, I don't want to make the situation worse by following him. Maybe he thinks I want to bully him? The mere thought of him thinking I want to cause him harm sends a sharp pain through my chest. I may not know who he is or anything about him, but I want him to only feel loved and protected in my presence. I must figure out a way to fix this. I need to talk to Roni!

Roni Wolfe is my cousin/soon to be Beta wolf once I become the Alpha of the Cherry Blossom Pack. Her and I have always been best friends since either of us can remember; she is older than me by only a few months. When we were young, we were inseparable, and honestly not much has changed since then. We know we have each other's backs and she gives the best advice. We are both the only child, so we grew up as siblings. She is like a sister to me and I tell her everything.

I turn around from where my mate ran away and start jogging up to the classroom on the second floor where I know Roni is.

I finally get to the door of the classroom where Roni is and bend over to catch my breath. Once my breathing is back to normal, I stand up straighter and pull out my phone to send Roni a quick text.