Valentine's Day Special (Kai)

"What about this one?" Roni asked, showing off a red flannel jacket

Today is Valentine's Day and Trenton asked me out on a date this morning over breakfast. I may or may not have freaked out and demanded Roni help me with picking out an outfit.

"It would look great over that black hoodie you're wearing, Kai. Don't you think so?" She held the jacket up against my chest, trying to get an idea of what it would look like over my hoodie.

"Um, sure? I'm not very good at this." I chuckled.

"Of course not, that's what I'm here for." Roni replied, going back to sifting through my closet for a pair of shoes.

"Then what am I here for?" Derek's voice rang throughout my bedroom from where he sat on the edge of the bed, looking displeased.

Roni dragged the poor guy along and, to be honest, I almost forgot he was even here.

"Because, you make me happy and a happy Roni is a fashionable Roni."

I couldn't help the giggle that escaped me at seeing the blush coating Derek's cheeks. He's so whipped.

Derek didn't say anything else after that, just sat there brooding, trying to act as if he wasn't happy to be here, but I could see right through him and I'm sure Roni could, too.

"Here! These red vans are perfect! They match the flannel perfectly." Roni squealed, throwing the shoes on the ground in front of me, next to the red flannel.

"If you say so."

After getting ready, Roni and Derek met me at the bottom of the stairs, Trenton there as well. The smile on my face was so big my cheeks hurt, but I couldn't help it. Trenton was just so handsome, even in the casual outfit he's wearing.

"Kai." Trenton smiled his charming grin at noticing my presence.

"You look great." I giggled at how nervous Trenton seemed. We've been dating for almost a year now, you'd think he'd be over this. Of course, I'm not complaining.

"So do you!" I squeaked. Okay, maybe I'm just a little bit nervous, too.

"Okay, you kids have fun! Derek and I are gonna have a Marvel movie marathon so if you two would get a move on, that'd be great." Roni rushed us out the door, waving a quick goodbye before closing the door in our faces.

"Wow, I feel betrayed." Trenton said from beside me. I looked over at him and took in his whole appearance yet again. His hair had stayed the same throughout the past year—he gets it regularly trimmed—but today he had it up in a "manbun" and the look suited him rather well.

"Welp, let's get going. The movie is going to start soon." Oh right, I almost forgot!

Today, Trenton planned a movie date for us. I'm not sure what movie we're seeing, I can't remember, but it's some sort of romance film. Afterwards, Trenton told me he had a little surprise planned. I'm not sure what I'm more excited for.