Is This Family? (Kai)

I'm not going to lie, waking up trapped against Trenton's chest with his arms around my torso and nose in my hair kind of scared the shit out of me

I'm not going to lie, waking up trapped against Trenton's chest with his arms around my torso and nose in my hair kind of scared the shit out of me. I may or may not had forgotten that I was with Trenton. Taking a deep breath to relax the nerves I just induced on myself, I release the tension in my muscles and sink back into Trenton's chest.

I could get used to this. I think to myself as I breathe a breath of content, snuggling even closer into him.

The sound of familiar boots walking into the living area causes me to raise my head, taking in Trenton's relaxed, sleeping face while also catching a glimpse of Roni walking in quietly. Smiling up at her, I put my finger to my lips in a shhh motion to let her know Trenton is asleep.

Sliding out of his grip is a lot more difficult than I'd like to admit, and the quiet giggles coming from Roni at my fruitless attempts aren't making this any better.

"Are you just going to stand there laughing, or are you going to come over here and help me get out of your cousin's death grip?" I whisper shout, no longer able to contain my own soft chuckle at my predicament.

"Okay, okay. I'll help but I'm sure Trenton is going to be worried when he wakes up alone later." Roni whispers back.

Roni walks over and easily gets me out of Trenton's clutches, leading me out of the living room to—what I assume—verbalize her reasons for being here.

Finally making it out of the living area and into the hall, I'm the first one to speak up.    

"So, did you want to talk about something?"

Roni glances my way before briskly turning back to the door we have now stopped in front of.    

"Let's talk in here." Is Roni's curt response.

I watch as Roni hesitantly opens the door and holds it open for me. I look at her skeptically before turning back to the room and taking in my surroundings. It looks like an average teenage girl's room. Not the pink colored everything kind of room you'd see in those chick flicks, but a nice cool blue shade on the walls. The bed in the left corner of the room has cloud themed bedding and there are clouds painted on the ceiling of the bedroom.

"Is this your room? This is beautiful." I say, spinning around in the room to look at it in full, taking notice of the adorable cloud shaped lamp that sits on a spotless white desk on the right side of the room.

"Thanks, I decorated it myself." Roni starts, sounding proud of herself before her tone changes,

"Take a seat, Kai."

Swallowing nervously, I oblige, swiftly taking a seat in the chair sat in front of the aforementioned white desk.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, my voice filled with concern. I can't help but be worried, this topic seems extremely important to Roni and she hasn't even mentioned what the topic is.