His Nightmare (Kai)

The sight of my beautiful sister's bright smile with shining eyes as she's spun around by her equally as dashing mate, Miles, fills me with such warmth and happiness that I can't stop the smile that spreads across my own face

The sight of my beautiful sister's bright smile with shining eyes as she's spun around by her equally as dashing mate, Miles, fills me with such warmth and happiness that I can't stop the smile that spreads across my own face. You'd think that I'd feel a bit like a third wheel in their presence, but not at all. Seeing Kelly smile like this, knowing that she can be this happy after losing our parents and growing up in a group home fills me with such hope and I can't help but to feel proud of her. I love my sister so much, she's always there for me when I need her and never fails to make me smile.

Miles will never know how grateful I am to have him in our lives. He's just like the brother I've never had. He's only been in my life for about a year now and he has no idea how much brighter it is.

We're currently outside of Miles' pack-house, he's the Beta of the Wilted Cherry Pack, having a picnic to celebrate Kelly's 18th birthday. It's a big deal for her because she finally can leave the group home and move in with Miles, he proposed to her shortly after telling her about what he really is. It's a big deal for me because now that my sister is a legal adult she can become my legal guardian, allowing me to move in with her and Miles. I've never been so happy in my life.

Ever since our parents were killed in a car accident when Kelly was 6 and I was only 2, we have been living in a group home with no one but each other to protect us. Kelly has been my rock my whole life and now that she has Miles I'm just so happy that she can finally breathe again. She won't admit it, but I know these last 12 years have been suffocating for her. She's always looked out for me and stood up for me when the other kids in the group home got too rough or mean for me to handle. Miles is that breath of fresh air that she needs, that she deserves. I don't know where I would be if it weren't for my sister and I can't imagine my life without her.

So, here we are, celebrating this major win for my tiny little family. I'll finally be able to leave this crummy place with the horrible kids that bully me and the nasty caretakers that pester me. Kelly and I can finally move on to the next chapter of our lives and just be happy.

"Kai! Come here." Kelly calls for me. During the picnic, Miles brought out a stereo and started playing Kelly's favorite music and asked her to dance while I sat and watched on the picnic blanket.

"I think I'm good here, Kells." I say with a chuckle and a fond shake of my head.

"No, no, no. Get your butt over here Kai! This day is for you, too! Once today is over and we get everything sorted out you'll finally be free!" She sings, her voice light and refreshing as she twirls all around Miles, her beautiful Sage green dress dancing right along with her.

Before I can continue to argue with my sister, Miles picks her up and twirls her around again, eliciting a giddy shriek from my beautiful sister.

"Hey! Put me down you big oaf!" Kelly shrieks, wriggling in Miles' hold.

"No way, you're too cute to let go of." He coos at her, making her blush a bright cherry red that reaches the tips of her ears.