30. Slow dancing

Fifteen years.

It had been fifteen years since Finn and Rosemary's wedding. 

Time really does fly! And to say a lot has happened would be an understatement.

By now Rory and Logan's kids, of which they had two more -so that made six total- were in their teens. You had the triplets, Richard (Richie, though he didn't want anyone to call him that anymore, claiming he was too old for that nickname), Victoria (Tory) and Christopher (Chris), who were now nearly eighteen and still inseparable as ever. They were the oldest. Then you had William (Will), who had just turned fifteen. And then came the twins Emily (Emma) and Isabelle (Izzy or Iz), who were almost thirteen.

Richard's dark brown hair had darkened slightly over the years and he had really grown into his looks. His face had the shape of a softened diamond, the features not too sharp. His wavy hair covering his forehead. He was about 5'8. The older he got the more he started looking like his father. He was fairly broody most of the time but a total sweetheart, always ready to help his brothers and sisters, or anyone really. He loved books. He liked being by himself. And he was very musically inclined. From a young age, he had always loved playing the guitar and when he got older he learned to play the piano and the violin. 

Tory was a tiny spitfire. She was 5'1. She had started dyeing her hair from the age of fourteen and has had every color imaginable, green, pink, blue, purple, you name it. Right now she had this rusty orange that made her blue eyes pop, cut in a short bob. She always said exactly what was on her mind. Loved being around people and made new friends easily. She was a dreamer, easily distracted and very smart. She always seemed to be carrying the biggest smile on her face. From a young age, she had her entire future stippled out, she knew what she wanted and she went for it every time. It wasn't easy to put her down. She was artistic and had spunk.

Chris on the other hand was very closed off, quiet, never talked to anyone other than his one friend, apart from his family. There wasn't anything wrong with that of course, everyone still loved him unconditionally. He didn't give up easily. He was very smart. Like his mom, he was a writer. He was ambitious. He aspired to be a lawyer like his grandfather. He was 6'0. Look-wise he was Logan to a T, with his blond hair and light brown eyes, handsome features. Reading was one of his favorite pastimes, he could just get completely lost in them, it was a way for him to escape the real world.

Will, with his near-black hair, blue eyes and sharp features. He was 5'10. He was a combination of his three older siblings, he was broody and sarcastic like Richard, he always said exactly what was on his mind and he knew what he wanted like Tory, and lived in a world of books and could recite any book quote at any time like Chris. You could read him like a book, though he tried to hide it with his sharp tongue, he wore his heart on his sleeve. He was, like Chris, very withdrawn but once you engaged with him he would start to open up a bit.

Emma, sweet doe-eyed, dark-haired Emma. She was 5'3. Could be described as a little skippy ball. She was energetic, adventurous, honest, hopeful and kind. Overall she was a very warm person, if maybe a little too trusting. She was incredibly smart. Though she was clumsy and she was messy, disorganised too. Will was her favorite older brother and always went to him when she was in trouble or needed advice, their relationship together was endearing. There was some time where she did everything he did because she looked up to him so much, read the same books as him so they could talk about it, she'd have sleepovers in his room often.

Izzy had jet black hair and brown eyes. She was already 5'9. She was very confident in herself and her abilities. She had a great sense of style and was very fashionable. She could be vain and somewhat narcissistic, but also slightly insecure, and self-conscious about her height. She also had a fiery temper.  And though she was mature and refined, she had a habit of throwing temper tantrums and locking herself in her room when things went wrong. She was very loyal to her family, and a fiercely loyal friend. But she was also known to protect her heart at all costs.

***

When Finn and Rose first got married they moved to Finn's homeland for the first 5 years of their marriage until ultimately deciding to move back to the States to be closer to their friends and her family. Finn and Rosemary only got the chance to have one kid. A ten-year-old daughter named Katie.

Rosemary died in a fatal car accident when Katie was only six years old, leaving Finn to have to raise the little girl by himself. 

This was hard because Katie reminded him so much of her mom with her green eyes, curly red hair, slender figure and a face full of freckles. Katie was incredibly stubborn and sarcastic. She was also a very caring and compassionate person, often reckless, and clever and quick thinker. She was also an artist like her mother. She kept a notepad of paper where she often drew out her emotions and feelings through pictures, it was her version of a diary.

Finn had felt incredibly lucky he had an amazing support system in his friends, they helped him heal after the loss of his wife and helped him with raising his daughter when he needed their help. 

Their family of two suffered greatly after the accident, and though they would never get over it entirely, each day was a little better.

***

Steph and Colin were not together anymore. When Steph had gotten her full memory back a few years ago she had not been able to get over all the things Colin had said to her, causing her to get on that plane. 

Steph blamed him for it and was not able to look at him anymore, she tried to, she tried really hard. Ultimately she realised that, if they were to continue their relationship, it would be toxic for both of them. 

She didn't want the group of friends to choose so she decided to move away and start over somewhere new, only staying in contact with Rory and Juliet. 

Steph opened up a clothing store, starring her own clothing line.

The girls would meet every once in a while for a weekend away where they would catch up. They would fly out to wherever they felt like at the time, Rome, The Maldives, Amsterdam, and so on. They would drink all night, giggle about boys, laugh as they reminisced about their college years, and the next day they would realise they were not twenty-three anymore as they woke up with a killer headache.

-

Colin took over his father's law firm, McCrea&Holt, after his father had a heart attack. His dad had to slow down and retire so Colin chose to go back to the family company and become a partner together with his uncle. He re-took his bars and passed again.

He got over Steph. He got over the heartbreak she caused him, and he met someone else. Daniella Sterling. They met when Colin hired her father to do the companies remodel. Daniella had decided to tag along with dear old dad that day to help out, though to say they couldn't stand each other would be an understatement, eventually, by the end of the project a few months later they got along quite nicely.