27. Your story

"Who are these people exactly?"

"Tristan, I mean Lucas and I knew each other in high school before he went to military school," Rory explained.

"So is he an old friend or?"

"More of an old annoyance, really" she chuckled. "I was with Dean back then."

"So you two didn't date?"

"We didn't date," she confirmed. "We did kiss. Once. I ran away crying."

"That good, huh?" Logan chuckled.

"It wasn't that," Rory chuckled. "Dean and I had just broken up the night before and I was upset about that."

"And Dean is the guy that came to pick you up at Emily and Richard's male alumni party?"

"Yep, the third time."

"And this Lucas guy?"

"You were a lot like him when I first met you," Rory said.

"Did he like you?"

"Probably, he flirted with me but unless someone came out and told me they liked me I didn't see it," she said. "But that was more than ten years ago, I don't think you have to worry. He's married and has a daughter."

"I'm not worried," he replied, shaking his head.

"Uhuh, sure, honey," she smirked. "You're jealous," she sang.

Logan shook his head and walked away to the kitchen. He put on the coffee maker. Rory followed him. "Oh come on, it's adorable, but honey, there is no reason to be."

"Oh for god's sake, Rory, you don't think I know that?! Do you think that I want to feel this?!" Logan yelled. "God, why does making coffee take so damn long!"

"Daddy?" Tory said in a small trembling voice. She was scared.

Rory turned around and looked at her wide-eyed daughter. "Tory? What's going on, sweetie?"

"I heard yelling," she said, backing away.

Rory went to her daughter and crouched down to her level, "It's okay, baby. Why don't you go and see what your brothers are up to while I talk to daddy, alright?" she kissed the top of her head before she ran off to find her brothers. "I'm guessing something else is going on that you haven't told me about."

Logan sighed heavily, raking his hand through his hair, "I got a letter from Shira."

"Your mom Shira?"

"Do you know someone else named Shira," he said snidely.

"What did she want?"

"She wanted to see me. Said she has been residing in Paris with Odette, that she recently started to turn her life around for the better and that she wanted to have a relationship with Honor and me," his hands gripped the edges of the counter tighter.

"What do you want to do?" She wrapped her arms around his body and laid her head on his back.

"I haven't called Honor yet, I want to know what she does first," he said. He turned around and kissed her forehead, "I'm sorry I yelled at you before."

"It's okay, but you need to talk to me about things like this," Rory said.

"Is Tory okay?"

"Tory is fine, just a little shocked. She never heard her daddy yell before. I will talk to her before Lucas, Peyton, and Sawyer come over, that is if you are still up for it because I can cancel if you want," Rory said.

"Don't worry about it, they can still come, I know how much you have been looking forward to this, you even cleaned the house," Logan said. "And I will talk to Tory."

-

Rory stood in the living room arranging a few last things. The doorbell rang and as Logan went to get it Rory ran over to the kitchen to get the still-warm cinnamon rolls that the maid had made.

She returned to the living room with the plate and put it on the coffee table, "Anyone want coffee? I just made a fresh pot."

"Do you have mint tea?" Peyton asked.

"Yeah, of course, we always have a mint plant in the pantry. Lucas? Sawyer?"

"Coffee for me."

"Club soda, please."

"I will be right back. Logan, coffee for you?" Rory asked.

"How about a scotch. Neat."

"Isn't it a little early, honey?" Rory pressed.

"Yeah, well," he shrugged he shoulders mindlessly.

-

"So Lucas, tell me your story? What happened to you after you got shipped of to military school?"

Lucas cleared his throat after taking a swing of his beer, "I never actually went."

"Oh?" Rory said surprised.

"Do you remember why I got sent away?" he asked.

Rory nodded, "you broke into the safe of the father of a friend, Bowman was it?"

"Yeah," he said. "I never got the chance to explain why I did that."

"There was a reason for breaking into a safe?"

"Yes, to blow off some steam," he chucked. "That day I found adoption papers."

"Yours?" Rory asked shocked.

Lucas nodded. "Turns out my biological mom was also sixteen when she got pregnant, only she decided to give me up," he told her. "But I found letters from her hidden along with the papers, dated five years before that. My mom wanted to meet me and the Dugreys never told me, so when they dropped me at the airport I traded in my ticket for one to Tree hill, met my mom, uncle, brother, and father. I didn't want to be associated with the Dugrays anymore so I asked my uncle if he would be okay if I took his name, and then I changed my first name too."

"What about your dad?"

"He and my mom never got married, he left her after she told him he was going to be a father, he went off to college and got another woman pregnant, my brother is  the same age we're only three months apart."

"Not to mention Dan was an actual psycho who killed his own brother," Peyton interjected.