21. Please, don't leave

previously in What Happens After Vegas:

"So Nantucket? Grandma okay?"

"She's in the hospital," Lorelai explained sadly.

"What happened?" Rory panicked.

In the meantime, Logan had just joined his wife outside because he was getting worried about her being gone so long. He kissed her cheek. Seeing her all panicky he wrapped his arms around her.

"There was an accident at the museum, I don't know the details, the doctors just said that it was severe and we had to be there as fast as we could."

"Okay, well, keep me posted, I guess," Rory replied helplessly.

"Will do, kid."

As soon as Rory hung up the phone tears sprung in her eyes while she clung onto Logan for dear life.

--

Weeks passed and while Steph was doing much better Emily was still in a coma. Samantha had demanded Rory and Logan to go to Nantucket to be with the family because Steph was almost at the point where she could almost go home again.

So Logan bought two tickets to Nantucket and the next day they sat in the plane. It took 11 hours and 29 minutes to get there. When the plane touched ground Luke came to pick them up and drove back to the Nantucket Cottage Hospital.

that was about three weeks ago.  Since then Emily's condition has severely worsened and continues to do so with every passing day. Mitchum had come to Nantucket for support and he brought Richie, Tory, and Chris with him.

They were afraid, these could very well be the last moments with Emily Gilmore in their midst. That realization felt surreal, especially to Lorelai, who really that her mother was going to outlive her. Sure, Lorelai never had the greatest of bonds with her mother, but to lose her so soon after her father, the thought of losing her at all, it pained her. Knowing that these could be her last moments Lorelai regretted every fight she had with her mother.

She sat beside her mother holding her hand as a tear or two slipped from her eye. "I hope you can hear me. Mom, wake up, please, don't leave me. I need you, I can't lose you so soon after dad, and I know you want to go to him, to be with him again, but please,  I need you. Rory needs you. Tory, Richie, and Chris need you. I love you, mom, I don't say it enough, but I do, I love you so much, mom. We didn't always get on all that well, we fought a lot and a lot of the times it was my fault. I antagonized you with the separation between you and dad and I teased you about your strained relationship with Gran. I am so sorry for all of that, for all of the things I have done to you, and to dad too. You were always so strict and I understand now, society, everything that you do, a light shined brightly upon that. I get that when I got pregnant at sixteen that you got mad, I may not have understood then, I saw you as some sort of angry monster, but I understand now and I forgive you. Although I didn't always show it, I appreciate everything you have done for me, and for Rory," Lorelai cried. "Please, don't leave."

While Lorelai was talking Rory and Logan came into the hospital room, Rory walked over to her mother and placed her hands on her mother's shoulders, she breathed in deep at her mom's words,"You haven't eaten in days, Logan and I brought some food for you," she said softly. "Come on, get up."

She sat down with Logan as her mother sat opposite of them. Logan handed her the food they got for her. Lorelai just stared lifelessly at the burger.

"Mom?" Rory asked worriedly.

"She won't make it, will she?" Lorelai