16. I promise, Ace

Previously in What happens after Vegas:

"Then go to her and stop her before it's too late," Logan stated.

His friend shot up from his seat on the couch, downed the last bit of scotch that was left in his glass and ran out the front door.

Logan reached for his wife, who had glossy eyes and pulled her on his lap, cradling het in his strong arms.

"Thank you for never doing that to me."

"I love you."

They sealed their love with a kiss.

--

That night Rory told Logan the truth about her conversation with her best friend.

"Honey? You know when I went upstairs to call Steph?" She asked as she turned her body toward him with little Richie in her arms. Logan looked at her and nodded in response. "She told me I couldn't say anything while Colin was here but I could tell you once he was gone.  I know that you hate lying to one of your friends but I need you not to real him what I am about to tell you, okay?"

"I promise, Ace."

"Steph was always going to keep the baby, she told me she would move away somewhere in Europe. Even if Colin didn't come around, there was never any question if she would keep the baby, she would just do it alone." Rory explained to her husband. 

"Where would she go in Europe?" He asked.

"She has family in The Netherlands and in London, when we spoke she had not decided where she would go yet."

"You know what would be hilarious," Logan began, "If Steph's family in The Netherlands would be Colin's milkmaid." They started laughing.

"I really hope Colin gets to her before it's too late." Rory leaned into her husband as he wrapped his arm around her stoking the hairs on his son's little head. "I don't want my best friend to move across the world."

Logan kissed her temple, "It will be okay, Ace. They will work it out."

"Lets put Richie in his bed and go to sleep." As Logan and Rory stood up to go upstairs his phone screen lit up, Colin's name flashed on the screen.

Logan picked up and put his phone on speaker, "What's up, man?"

"She's gone, Logan. She left without a goodbye." It sounded like Colin was crying.

"We're talking Steph now right?"

"She left. What am I going to do? I want to be there for her, and the baby. I want to be a dad. I want a little daughter who I can protect. I want a life with Steph. Logan? I think I made the biggest mistake ever." Colin sniffed.

"What do you mean, Colin?"

"I fucked up man. I did a really dumb thing and now I got to pay for it and Steph has got to raise our kid alone."

"Yeah, you really did man. Have you tried calling her?" Logan asked.

"I have and she didn't pick up. I don't blame her for it."

"Well, can you blame her?" Rory asked.

"No. What I said... I never should've said those things.. I never should've broken up with her in the first place."

"Are you prepared?" Rory asked.

Logan smiled at his wife, knowing what she meant by that.

"What do you mean prepared?" Colin asked quizzically.

"Are you prepared to prove yourself?" Rory replied.

"prove myself? how? What?"

"To be a man worthy of her love. To be worthy of being granted a second chance at a life with her, and your kid." Rory stated.

"I would do anything, please Rory, you are her best friend, will you please help me?" Colin never begged anyone for anything, for him to be begging for another chance, for another chance with Steph and his kid, showed how much he wanted it.

"I'll help you." She said.

"Thank you, Rory, thank you so much."

"You better won't make me regret this. We are going to put Richie to his bed and then I will try to get in touch with her."

"I couldn't thank you enough." Colin wasps gratefully.

"Don't thank me yet. I am not doing this ask for you, I'm still mad at you.  I'm just selfish and don't want my best friend to move away from me."

---
Sporty too had to wait this long. My depression has been acting up lately and I had a really hard time dealing with it.

Sorry if it's a bit crappy, I wrote this when I was stoned🙊🚭