🙁😔 Sorry... Not Sorry! 😆😁

Dear Diary,

Tonight is gonna be perfect! It took me all day but I finally planned the perfect romantic evening in for Johnny and I. A romantic dinner for two and a night of passionate and beautiful love making.

Johnny has been out of the house all day, at a recording studio across town working on a new album with the Hollywood Vampires. So I've been in the kitchen all day preparing all of Johnny's favorite dishes. His favorite honey garlic pork chops, roasted potatoes, corn bread and for dessert sticky toffee pudding. I even got the same pudding recipe Johnny's mother used to make for him, his sister, Christi sent it to me. I got my hair done at the salon earlier today and I picked up a new dress for dinner and a new lingerie set for dessert... Wink-wink! Nothing can ruin this night...

I stepped out of the shower and shook my hair out with a towel and slipped on my new black silk negligee. Johnny's favorite color, he loves how I look in it. I put my bath robe on over it, when the time is right I'll take it off and give Johnny a sexy ambush.

I walked over to the fridge and noticed the toffee pudding was cooling nicely, when my phone buzzed on the counter. I grinned when I saw the caller I.D read: Johnny-Cakes. I used that nickname as his caller I.D because I knew it would annoy the heck out of him. I told him if he wanted it changed he'd to do it himself, but Johnny wasn't very tech savvy. In fact, it took both of his kids two hours just to help him set up his Instagram account.

I swiped the phone screen and answered. "Hi, Johnny..." I sang, cranking the flirting up to eleven.

"Hey, beautiful" I could hear the handsome smirk in his voice. "What are you up to?"

"Oh nothing..." I smiled sneakily as I slid the corn bread out of the oven.

"Alright then. Listen, I'm just calling to tell you that I won't be home tonight..."

My heart sank into my stomach. "Oh... okay. Something came up?" I asked, disguising the disappointment in my voice.

"Yeah, we finished the recording, but the guys wanted me to come out for some drinks to celebrate" Johnny said. "We're pretty tipsy right now and we figured we should play it safe and get some hotel rooms nearby. But I wanted to call you first to let you know, I'm alright."

"Of course. Thanks for calling, baby" I faked a chuckle. "I got a new book today anyway, so that should keep me busy for tonight."

"Good to know" he said. "Hey... I love you."

My heart, although broken, still skipped a beat. "I love you too" I replied.

"You're the Yoko Ono to my John Lennon..." Johnny told me.

"And you're the Johnny Cash to my June Carter" I responded. "Buh-bye."

"Bye" I heard him say before he hung up.

I hung up my phone and sighed heavily. I turned off the oven and removed the food with an oven mit. I placed a dish towel inside the fridge shelf and placed the still warm meal for two inside.

At least I won't have to worry about dinner tomorrow night... I thought, wiping the lone tear from my cheek.

I don't blame Johnny for canceling, I understand he has to work. The man is balancing an acting career, a music career and a film production company all at once, it can be very demanding at times. But between all that and the quality time he spends with his kids-- which is obviously vital-- when all is said and done... there's not much time left for us to just be alone as a couple.

Johnny does apologize and tries to make up for canceling all the time. When he had to postpone our getaway to that beach house he rented in Greece, he bought me a spa treatment package. Then when he was an hour late for dinner with my parents, he bought me the a rose gold bracelet with my birthstone in it. Then when he had to cancel the birthday party I planned for him, he got me tickets to my favorite musical.