😈🪄Lovers Of Eastwick~ Part 1🧹🖤

Dear Diary,

I can't believe how much my life has changed in just a year. I went from being a young widow in a small town to a married woman with all the power, disposal income and sex I could ask for.

...Oh, and love. That's always nice too.

Let me tell you how it all transpired...

Eastwick was the kind of town that thrived on three things: Religion, agriculture and gossip. Especially gossip.

It was the first day of spring when gossip lit up Eastwick, like a lit cigarette in a wheat field in a drought. The famous Lobeaux Mansion was being reopened and refurbished by a new owner. Some people were thrilled at the idea of our town's one hundred and sixty year old landmark being opened again. But most were outraged at the prospect of a newcomer buying the town's oldest and most ornate landmark. A landmark they themselves have let fall into disrepair and haven't even bothered to mention until this newcomer came along. Classic mediocre small town banter. Nobody gives a shit about something, until someone tries to change it.

I was working at the local newspaper office and was tasked with interviewing the Mansion's new and mysterious owner.

"Why me?" I couldn't help but ask my boss, Mr. David Heard.

"He asked for you specifically" Mr. Heard. answered.

"Me?" I asked. "Who exactly is this guy?"

"No one knows" Mr. Heard shrugged. "He's a complete shut in. Moved in last week, under cover of night. The only people that come down from Lobeaux are his cook and his butler, who run errands. Real weirdo."

I shrugged "Being shy isn't a crime."

"But being anti social should be..." Came a voice that gave my middle finger an erection.

I reluctantly turned my head towards the doorway of Heard's office and saw his daughter, Amber. I didn't like most of the people in Eastwick, but Amber had somehow crawled her way to the very top of that list. Still, she was my bosses daughter...

"What brings you into the office today, Amber?" I asked her.

"Same as you" Amber said. "I'm trying to find out more about the town newcomer. I heard he paid over seven million for the Lobeaux Mansion!"

And there it was! Amber knew this guy had money and was seeking to dig her claws into him. I had known Amber since high school, she was a year below me. She was your classic over-privileged bitch, who got off scott-free because her family owned a ranch and were pillars of community, with enough money to bail her out everytime. At sixteen years old, Amber was sneaking into the local bars and lying about her age to get older men to date her-- and by date, I mean spend money on her. Kids in school used to call her 'Jail Bait Amber' and her sole plot in life was to snare a rich man.

"Well, Y/N is headed down there right now for an interview with him" Mr. Heard informed her. "Why don't you go with her? If it's alright with Y/N?"

They both turned to look at me. I forced a small smile. "I don't see why not?" I replied reluctantly.

🍒🔮💕

We were driving up the road towards Lobeaux Mansion and Amber was primping herself in the rearview mirror. She had already spilled a bottle of her concealer on the across the passenger seat and with the heat, I just knew it was going to be hell to scrub out later.

"What else do you know about this guy?" I asked her, hoping to get some leads ahead of the interview.

"Isn't it your job to know?" Amber smeared on another coat of lip gloss.