Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Scar, wake up!" my six-year-old sister, Mae, shouted while she jumped on my bed.

"Mae, it's 5:30 in the morning," I groaned as I yanked the pillow over my head trying to muffle out her voice.

"But, I wanna see if Santa came!" Mae explained, shaking me to get me to actually get up and out of bed.

"Alright, Mae, I'm coming," I replied, groaning but still getting up. She squealed and ran out of the room, probably waking up everyone else in the household.

I love Mae, I really do but at times like these, I hate her for being adorable and still believing in Santa. I walked down the stairs to make some coffee. Taking my first sip of the only thing that will keep me sane while the pounding of footsteps filled the house.

"Hey look, it's the three musketeers," I remarked as my three brothers, Carter, James, and Jason, entered the kitchen and stumbled over to the coffee machine.

"Eh, you know there were four, right?" Jason replied, lazily. Jason was what I'd like to call the nerd of the household. He knew by memory all those historical facts. My parents followed my brothers into the kitchen shortly after. We may be the Beta family but we all have a small weakness for Mae.

"Momma! Come on!" Mae demanded, tugging on my mom's arm. She gave Mae a lazy smile and walked into the living room where the Christmas tree was.

I sighed, this better not become a habit of hers. She woke everyone up at this unholy hour just to get 'Santa's Gifts'. Last year, Carter was so close to spilling the beans.

"Look! Santa got me a doll house!" Mae exclaimed as we all sat around the tree talking about the present she had just opened.

I smiled at her, since it was the gift I had given her with a few-

"There are some dolls inside!" she exclaimed as she took out a few of the small dolls that I had put in.

"Carta there's one for you," Mae said as she handed him the present. Carter chuckled at her, "I think I'll save this one for later," he said, putting it down next to him.

"No, open it now!" Mae complained. Carter did as he was told. When he opened it, his eyes went directly to me as I tried to stifle my laughter.

A loud gasp was heard from Mae as she looked at him. "Carta you got coal!" she said as she swatted his shoulder. "You've been a naughty boy!" At this point James and Jason started laughing, full on cackling, as my parents tried to stifle their laughter.

"Scar, you will so regret this," he glared at me. I returned it with a cheeky smile.

"Regret what? That was given from Santa."

Before I continue, there's something that I should probably clear up for you. We may seem like your everyday family but we most certainly are not. We aren't human, and we're far from it. We're the myths that your grandparents told you, the beasts that you have nightmares about, we're werewolves, and frankly...

We're not that bad.

Well, except for one of us; Alice, the Alpha's, or the leader of the pack's, daughter.

I walked out of the house and allowed the cold air to leave a burning red on my skin, numbing it.Small snowflakes tumbled down from the sky, the suns rays reflecting off of the pure white.

I looked over as the Alpha's daughter came into view. In many cases, the Beta and Alpha children are best of friends. Not in this case. I hated her with a burning passion, it might be due to the fact that she was completely and utterly annoying, slutty, and obnoxious like right now, on Christmas. While everyone should be enjoying their Christmas with their families and in bed at 5:30 in the morning, they were out in the cold weather, training. Alice was one to stereotype, saying that only men should be the warriors of our pack, since it was their duty to protect and guard the pack. I hated this. I always wanted to train, and because we were denied that privilege, my wolf and I weren't as good as we could be if we were to have an attack.