Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"WHERE WERE YOU!" his voice boomed, as I entered the house. I looked at him as his eyes turned a gold color. Rolling my eyes at him, I pretended to inspect my nails.

"I asked you a question," he said slightly agitated that I wasn't responding.

"Scarlett," he used the same tone that he always used when he was mad at me, which is actually the only personality I've met.

"Scarlett, you don't want to get me angry."

"A, I already have that checked off my bucket list, and B, I went for a walk," I said and shrugged.

"You took a walk?" he repeated, putting air quotes up as I glared at him.

"Yes, I took a walk," I snapped at him, putting air quotes up as well.

"To where?" His eyes glowed brighter as he advanced closer to me. I gulped. His wolf on edge was absolutely terrifying.

I struggled to remain calm but when I did, I wish I kept my mouth shut.

"Anywhere to get away from you," I said and sprinted around him and up the stairs.

I ran into his room, the only one that I knew, and slammed the door shut and locked it. I quickly went into the connecting bathroom and locked the door behind me. Before I could even hide, I ducked as the door flew open shattering into a million pieces and breaking the wall behind it.

I turned around as Thaddeus stalked towards me, pushing me up against the mirror.

"You will NEVER speak of leaving me, got it?" he growled out. I nodded, terrified of how angry his wolf was but that seemed to calm him down. "Promise me," he whispered.

"I promise," I said shakily as he looked up at me. He looked at me before walking away, and I looked down at my fingers that were crossed, before mumbling, "Crosses count."

***

When I woke up, there was an arm slung around my waist.

"Thaddeus, get your arm off me," I groaned as he just pulled me closer. My cheeks reddened as I realized he was shirtless and his six-pack was extremely prominent.

"Darling, I'd rather not."

"People like you are reasons why we have middle fingers," I grumbled.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really, now let's try this again, get your arm off me, or I swear to you, you will no longer have one."

After several severe kicks to his legs and a punch to his stomach, he finally let me go and I took a quick shower, acting like overnight I had somehow approved of him, which I didn't. I shuffled through the bag that had been left on the counter for me and found some of Thaddeus' sweatpants and one of his shirts that was way too big for me. I looked in the bag, but unfortunately those were the only two things, besides the undergarments that I had the option to wear. I changed and made my way down stairs.

As I went down stairs there was a guy there that I somewhat recognized, but at the same time didn't.

"Darling, this is my Gamma, Hunter. He's going to watch over you today," Thaddeus informed me.

"Great so, you're leaving me with the guy who tried to kill me," I sarcastically remarked as Thaddeus growled.

"Do not speak of you dying," he growled before stomping out of the kitchen.

A silence filled the room as I said above a whisper, "So, um, I'm going to the bathroom." The gamma just nodded and fiddled with his fingers nervously. I went to the main bathroom as a window was at my disposal.