Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Oh, my god."

"Scarlett, no."

"That's an absolutely horrible plan."

"What? It's an amazing plan!"

Carter, Thaddeus, Cody, April and I were talking about how to save Thaddeus' mother. I knew it was tearing him apart from the inside out and I had a feeling that he was extremely worried about her.

"And how do you suggest that we sneak into his pack without being noticed?" Carter questioned. I smiled at him; I had brought him here so Rosaline would be forced out of her room so Carter would finally find her. He deserved someone like her and she deserved someone like him.

"I'm actually extremely talented a-"

"Scarlett?" A tear-stained Rosaline peeked through the door. Carter's head snapped towards her.

"Mate, mate, mate," he whispered walking towards her. Rosaline took a step back and sprinted out the door. Carter followed right after, at the same lightning speed.

"And then, there were four," I muttered as I sat down on a chair.

"Scarlett, we need to declare war, the only way to get her out of Victor's hands is that way."

"No, but what if we-"

All of a sudden, my stomach started to have a strong pang of pain in it. I wrapped my arm slightly around it and looked at the ground.

"Scarlett, are you okay?" Thaddeus asked, as Cody and April watched from the sidelines. I looked at him and he understood what was happening.

***

Eight hours later, I was panting and out of breath but was still able to smile at the small child that rested in my arms wrapped in his baby blue blanket. Thaddeus came and sat next to me on the bed, looking with admiration in his eyes at the child.

"So, what should we name him?" Thaddeus asked, his voice slightly cracking as he looked at me with the same admiration.

"Hmm... how about Phoenix Axel Reynolds," I spoke putting my two favorite names for the little baby boy together.

Thaddeus smiled. "Darling, that's perfect, and he's perfect just like you."

I smiled and gave Thaddeus a small kiss on the lips, April and Cody entered with Kennedy in April's arms.

"Awww... he's so cute!" April squealed while Kennedy clapped her hands and Cody smiled.

Carter and Rosaline walked in after, seeming happy as they held hands.

"Oh my gosh, Scar, he's the cutest little thing," Carter spoke. Between you and me, Carter always had a soft spot for children. I giggled.

"I know."

I spent the night in the hospital with Phoenix in a little crib next to me and Thaddeus sleeping on a chair with his hand intertwined with mine. It made me smile at the simplicity in life. If life were like this, it would be perfect. No war, no nothing.

In the morning, I was wheeled out of the hospital holding Phoenix in my arms. Once we made it to Thaddeus' room, I set the sleeping baby in the crib. I smiled, as Thaddeus watched me lovingly. Midwives came in and made sure that all the necessities were set in place for the child.

I rolled around in my wheelchair; I've never been in one before so bear with me. I could get used to not walking. I stayed near Phoenix though, I knew that everyone had to talk about how to get Thaddeus' mom back, but Thaddeus wouldn't allow me to go. And to be quite honest, I wanted to spend some mommy time with my little miracle.

After the midwives had set up his station, I wheeled over to him, looking through the bars of the baby crib. I really wanted him to open his eyes. I sighed and watched the small child stir in his sleep. Unsure of what to do, I wobbly stood up and picked him up; cradling his tiny body in my arms.

Thaddeus stomped back up the stairs in a hurried manner.

"We've developed a plan."

I smiled and turned to Phoenix "You hear that Nix? We got a plan!"

Thaddeus chuckled and walked over to me. I placed Phoenix in his hands and he carefully held him. Phoenix began to cry and Thaddeus had a worried look on his face. I gave him a nervous smile and took Phoenix from him and once I had him in my arms, the baby's eyes opened. There was one brown and one blue.

I was shocked beyond words and calmed him down easily.

"Darling, you're really good at this," Thaddeus chuckled nervously rubbing his hand against the back of his neck.

"Really? Cause this is my first child and I have no clue what I'm doing..."

"Scarlett, there's no-"

"I have no fucking clu-"

"Scarlett!"

"What?"

"Don't curse in front of the child!"