Chapter 8

Chapter 8

My head was spinning, Jason? I thought he had died? No, I knew he was dead. Many thoughts ran through my mind as I tried to comprehend what had happened.

"How?" was what I was able to croak out, confused. Thaddeus looked at me his face filled with worry. His phone began ringing; he sighed and heaved himself off the bed answering the call. 

"Hello?" he spoke into the phone. But with every second that passed he seemed to grow angrier and angrier.

"Victor, don't threaten me like that, I swear if you hurt her one more time I will kill you." He gritted his teeth. The phone was crushed and crumbled to the ground into little pieces. I looked at him with wide eyes; he sighed and softened his eyes at me, before storming out of the room. I stood up, stretching my legs, being careful of the crushed up phone. I looked on the bedside table at my phone that was ringing. I picked it up. 

"Hello?" I asked quietly. 

"Scarlett?" I heard a familiar voice on the other end. 

"Jason?" I questioned, a smile coming across my face.

"I need your help," he replied. 

"Anything, yea," I rushed out, leaning against a wall.

"Scarlett, I'm gay and my mate he - he rejected me," Jason said his voice cracking by the end. I gasped my hand going over my mouth. 

"And, I had to fake my death to be with him. Scarlett, he wants to kidnap you and I-"

"Jason?" I asked, there was no response, "Jason?" I tried again. But still no response, then the line went dead. I was shaking, as tears flowed. I paced around the room and tried to calm down. I NEEDED to find him. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower, I tried to think. How could I help him? What could I possibly do? I changed into a white short-sleeve shirt and blue jeans with a pair of Timberlands. I grabbed my camera and walked downstairs. I saw Thaddeus sitting in the kitchen; once our eyes met, he gave me a cold emotionless glare. 

So much for his good mood this morning. 

I sighed and went to the stove, placing a pan over the heat, tapping my foot impatiently for it to heat up. Thaddeus left the kitchen shortly after, which was good. He was mad at everything and so was I. I turned off the stove and smashed the pan against the wall.

April and Cody came down shortly after, I could tell that they had bonded a lot last night.

"Hi, April," I mumbled. "Cody the pan is right there." And with that I left, slamming the door shut. 

***

"Thaddeus, when are you leaving?" Cody asked. My head snapped up looking at Thaddeus. He was leaving?

"In two hours," he replied monotonously. 

"When did you plan on telling me about this?" I growled out as Thaddeus' head snapped to mine. 

"Now," he replied. 

"Cody is coming with me as well, so Hunter will be watching over you guys." I stood up and left the house. Pissed off, and not even getting my dinner.

Seriously? He didn't tell me earlier? 

I walked outside along a path that I had never been down before. I heard footsteps behind me. I thought it was Thaddeus, but instead it was April. She gave me a sad smile and walked with me. 

"Did Cody tell you about this?" I asked.

"L-L-Last night," she nodded, I sighed and sat on a nearby rock, running a hand through my hair.