Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Since Thaddeus had used no car or method of transportation whatsoever, we arrived home with him carrying me. I snuggled into his chest, as his large muscular arms wrapped around me tightly. My wolf was calm, much calmer than she had been in a long time. Once we arrived back to the pack grounds, right away I heard my baby crying, which caused my wolf to jump upright. I ran out of Thaddeus' arms while he yelled frantically behind me. I felt his hot breath on my neck as I stumbled into the hospital.

"Where's Phoenix is he-"

Thaddeus interrupted me; he turned me around and smashed his lips to mine. I couldn't respond to his kiss. Everything was falling apart. I just figured out that the guy who kidnapped me and thought I was a Lycan was my brother's mate and my brother was under his influence so he soon realized that his mate was going to kill me and killed his mate and then killed himself.

AND

My baby, who I hid in a closet was in a room that I have yet to find in the hospital, crying. I broke from the kiss. Thaddeus looked at me softly, not a look I got to see much on him. My wolf became restless and demanded control. I ran through every hallway to find Phoenix and when I found him I held him close to my body.

"It's okay, Phoenix, Mommy's here," I whispered in his ear as his crying quieted. I sat in the chair next to the baby crib and held him in my arms breathing out a sigh of relief. Thaddeus entered the room and sat next to me.

"I invited your old pack and family members over for Jason's funeral, I didn't like him but he was your brother," Thaddeus spoke. I sent him a small, sad smile and thanked him. I needed some peace; just too get away from kidnapping and all.

We, all three of us, stayed in the room cuddled up for a very long time. Just sitting there, calming down from the amount of anxiety.

"Alpha, it's time," one of the warriors spoke and Thaddeus nodded, standing up.

***

"Alright, I want ten warriors surrounding the hospital and five in the room with my mate and pup at all times," Thaddeus spoke. I looked at him as if he'd lost his mind. Five men? I could take on five by myself.

"Where are you going?" I asked him. He sighed and looked at me.

"Don't worry, I'll be right back." He spoke

"Thaddeus, it's almost midnight, where the hell are you going?" I demanded, my voice becoming angrier.

"Scarlett, don't worry, okay-"

"Just answer the god damn question, Thaddeus!" I almost yelled. Five warriors entered the room, and his gaze shifted from them to me. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I'll be back," He spoke. Before I could even protest, he ran out of the room and locked the door.

***

Maybe I should take parenting lessons, because frankly, I personally believe that I am the worlds worst mother. I watched, creepily, Thaddeus from the bushes. He was almost on Victors land, but not completely. Phoenix was fast asleep against my chest. The warriors that Thaddeus had put to guard me, were very easily sidetracked.

"GO!" was the command he gave out, and a wave of warriors went off. Waves two and three followed. I watched everything go by. Once Thaddeus crossed over, a breath that I didn't know I was holding in came out. I wanted to follow, but I knew I couldn't. So,I settled down in the comfortable bushes and held Phoenix tightly, inhaling the same air that Thaddeus did only moments ago.