Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Scarlett, this is Cody, my Beta, or second in command."

"I know what a Beta is," I replied immediately. I observed Cody. He had blond "Surfer boy" hair that complemented his bright green eyes. He had large hands and a muscular torso.

"Scarlett," I told him, putting a smile on my face, but right when our hands touched Thaddeus let out a fierce growl. By instinct, I pulled away, looking up at him in confusion. 

"No man can touch you but me," he growled in my ear.

"I have to work," Thaddeus announced loud enough for Cody to hear.

"Darling, Cody is going to look after you," he said to me as Cody nodded in approval. 

"I don't need a babysitter," I seethed out. Thaddeus sent me his famous cold glare and stalked off, leaving me with Cody. Once I heard the door slam shut, I walked back up to Thaddeus' room with his Beta trailing right behind me. I went to my wardrobe and grabbed a black scarf that I had, and a black purse. 

"Luna, what are you doing?" Cody asked, observing me from the doorframe. 

"Let's go outside, get some fresh air," I said. Cody, who was oblivious to my plan looked at me hesitantly and then nodded. 

"We'll go after I get ready," he said and ran to his room. I went downstairs and started putting food inside of my bag, filling it to the brim.

I heard Cody thunder down the steps and I slammed the refrigerator shut and zipped up my rather bulky purse. 

"We can't leave th-"

"I know, I just want to walk around the pack grounds."

Cody nodded and led me outside. I stood there and let the cold wind hit my face, my face instantly turned red as the wind hit me with a massive force. Then I started walking down a path that I knew like the back of my hand.

***

"Scarlett, you're not allowed to go farther," Cody said, stepping in front of me, exactly where Thaddeus had earlier. 

"Why not? I should know my pack lands," I said trying to sidestep him but he still blocked my path. "Scarlett, its Alpha's orders."

"LET. ME. THROUGH," I said calmly as anger clouded my vision, using my voice of authority, but I knew that it didn't affect Cody. Nevertheless, he stepped to the side. 

I walked on the dirt path that was there and many of the weres gasped. Some felt my aura and quickly hid. 

"They're the untouchables," Cody explained. "Born lower than omega, they're weak, useless," Cody spat at a young woman who held her head down. 

"They're only like this because you hurt them," I replied turning to him.

"Maybe treat them correctly and they could be your strongest warriors."

I opened my bag and walked over to the young woman that seemed to be around my age. She hung her head low. Her auburn hair hiding her face. She was shaking in fear. I went on my knees and opened my bag. 

"Here's some bread," I spoke as she looked at me through her locks of hair seeming to be surprised. 

"What's your name?"

"A-April," she stuttered. 

"I'm Scarlett."

She was about to speak when a young boy came up and hugged me.