Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I was pulled from my thoughts when a large growl filled the air stealing the breath in everyone's words. I slowly turned around and was greeted by a white wolf with red eyes snarling at me.

It kinda reminded me of those white bunnies with red eyes, they seriously creep me out, like I feel like they're going to eat me, but this was different, it was a wolf. So basically, it creeped the hell outta me.

By instinct, my Luna side took over, shifting almost instantly at the imposter. The growling continued, I looked behind me to see my whole pack backing me up. (#squad)

The wolf snorted and looked over his shoulder. My wolf quickly commanded them to attack. Taking the wolf down instantly tearing him up until he shifted back. Once he did, I tried to advance toward him. My wolf wasn't having any of that.

"Cade, Vixen, bring him to a cell, I'll deal with him later," my wolf spoke to Cody's and Hunter's wolves. They bowed their heads and brought the man's body to the prison.

"Why didn't we attack that guy?" I asked my wolf, mindlinking with her.

"We can't take that kind of chance."

"What? Why not?"

"Scarlett, we're pregnant."

***

"Yes, Luna, you're pregnant." The news was new to me, and I let it sink in.

"How far along?"

"A month."

"Oh, my god, I can't believe this! What if Thaddeus is angry? Or pissed that I'm pregnant? This is so bad."

At this point, I was pacing back and forth throughout the room letting the stress take over me. I looked at my stomach and felt stupid, noticing the obvious little baby bump that I had thought was weight I had gained from all the chocolate ice cream. That thought now seemed completely stupid. I sat up slowly, afraid of hurting the little baby in my stomach. The nurse chuckled.

"Don't worry, Luna, I bet he'll be ecstatic." I nodded my head uneasily to the nurse and exited with a quick thank you. I walked over to the pack doctor in charge of all of the hospital.

"Hi."

She looked up from her clipboard and saw me. "Oh, hello Luna, what can I do for you?"

"Um. I just... Do you have an idea when Thaddeus will wake up?" I was able to stutter out playing with my fingers.

Her facial expression dropped. "I'm sorry, Luna, but I have no clue."

I walked back to the pack house and put my small hands around my stomach, sighing. I walked up the stairs finding Rosaline.

"Hey, Rose," I said, opening her bedroom door. She was pacing back and forth.

"Scarlett!" she almost yelled taking me by surprise. She yanked my hand and slammed the door shut.

"I have a mate, Scarlett. I don't know what to do, I-"

"Well, go to him!" I told her quickly.

"Scarlett, I can't do that. If we ever have a kid, they would be killed..."

"What are you talking abou-"

"Scarlett! Werewolves and angels are forbidden to mate. It's too much of a chance."

I gave her a blank face and she continued.

"There's a three out of four chance that the child would have both aspects of the family making them too powerful and hunted down by the Foundation."

My eyes widened. The Foundation was basically a group of people from all different supernatural species, there were the werewolves, angels and occasionally some demons that could control themselves in a business area.

To be hunted by the Foundation means that you're already dead.

"Listen..." I spoke after some time. "I know I shouldn't be saying this but you have to take the chance. The moon goddess paired you two for a reason, you guys could change history!"

"No." She quickly stopped my train of thought. "I can't let him or his family get hurt." I nodded and resisted the urge to tell her that I actually was a part of his family since I knew if I told her that it would be a complete no. But I knew Carter wouldn't give up until he found her.

***

Arriving back in Thaddeus and my room, I took out the journal that I had been writing in. I was able to calm my nerves about Thaddeus and his well-being for a little while.

Thaddeus,

I miss you like crazy. It's weird not being able to hear your heart beat. You need to come back Thadd, I'm pregnant. You need to come home. I can't possibly raise a child on my own. Please, Thaddeus. I love you so much. Your alpha stuff is way too boring for me.

Please, please, wake up.

I sighed, putting the pen down. I know it was short but it would have to do for today. I usually wrote to him about how my day was going but this day was especially difficult. I changed into a tank top and pajama pants and slipped into my bed comforting myself under the covers by enveloping myself in Thaddeus' scent that still remained on the sheets.