Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Crying.

That is all I hear right now. It's six in the morning and I am so NOT a morning person. I silently prayed that Thaddeus would get up but I heard the snore of approval that I had to calm Phoenix down. I carefully sat up and walked over to his crib. I picked him up and rocked him. I felt something drip from the top of me and looked up.

I screamed.

Blood was dripping from the ceiling in letters spelling,

"observabant."

Thaddeus bolted upright due to my scream and the baby's cries that I wasn't able to hush down. I looked at him full of fear. He looked up at the ceiling and growled. I stood there paralyzed unsure what to do. Thaddeus took my arm and brought me out of the room. He shut the door and hugged us both to him. Phoenix seemed to calm at this action and his cries decreased in volume.

"Yo, what's wrong?" Cody asked rubbing his eyes open.

"Cody, add one hundred more guards to the night shift, also make sure that tomorrow Rosaline and Carter return home safely," Thaddeus ordered going into full alpha mode.

"What's wrong?" Cody repeated fully alert.

"Victor knows. Someone in our pack is a traitor."

"Are you sure he didn't just spell observant wrong?"

"No," Thaddeus growled. "Scarlett, my father taught us both Latin, that's how I knew it had to be Victor."

"Well, what does it mean ?" I asked already bored.

"It means, watch out."

I looked at him with a blank expression. "I'm just going to Google translate it to check," I spoke.

I typed it in the search bar and the translation showed up, and as always, Thaddeus was correct.

"Aw, shit," I mumbled. Thaddeus sent me a glare, even though little Phoenix was sleeping in the corner of the office we were in.

"What? He's asleep," I sheepishly replied. Thaddeus shook his head; he couldn't stop the slight chuckle that slipped past his lips though.

"We need to find this traitor," Thaddeus growled.

Mood swing much?

"I know, but I have no clue who it could be," I replied.

"I mean, the only people who knew about it where Carter, You, Cody, April, me, and Rosaline," I spoke trying to brainstorm who the information could have gotten too.

"Alpha, Carter and Rosaline have left the pack grounds," Cody walked in to tell us before immediately exiting.

I sighed and walked over to little Phoenix and picked him up from his crib. He was stirring awake. I patted his back lightly and placed him against my shoulder supporting him with my arms.

"Thaddeus," I spoke calmly looking past him.

"What?" he asked annoyed

"Do you usually have cameras in these rooms?" I asked him. He followed my line of vision and saw the small sleek black camera that I was referring to.

"No," he growled out. He stalked towards it, ripping it from its hinges, breaking the wires from the wall.

"Pack meeting. Now. Whoever is last will be killed!" Thaddeus seethed through the mindlink.

Oh shit. It's going down.

I followed Thaddeus out with Phoenix in my arms making sure to hold him tight. Thaddeus turned around and saw me following him.