Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Sirens.

My ears were being attacked with those noises. Red lights were flashing everywhere. Way to wake up from a nap....

I walked down the stairs, looking around confused, hoping that I was in a dream and that I was still sleeping because at the moment, I was super confused. I saw Rosaline's bright blonde hair before she ran to me grabbing my arm, running into a nearby room and closing the closet doors behind us.

"What happened?" I whispered rubbing my eyes and letting out a small yawn.

"Rogue attack," she simply replied.

My eyes grew wide as I looked at her as if she were crazy.

"What's a rogue attack? Where's Thaddeus? Oh my gosh, I basically slept through a bunch of wolves stepping on the territory-"

I was cut off by a stern, "Shh," from Rosaline. I put my hands up in mock surrender. The door creaked open, revealing two men. I sat there in silence, too afraid to speak. The man took a whiff of the air.

Shit, we're screwed.

He continued to sniff, walking very close to the hidden area that we were in.

"I don't smell them here," the man growled out, extremely angry.

Wait... why the hell can't he smell us?

I pondered on what my thoughts were giving me. The only thing that could mask a scent was the power of an angel....

The men exited and Rosaline let out a breath opening her eyes. They were a bright blue that I've never seen before. After a few moments, they turned back to their normal icy color.

I looked at her, stunned that she was an actual angel.

"Are you an angel?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"Fallen angel," she corrected fiddling with her fingers. "They kicked me out of the sky."

I knew right now was not the right time to laugh, but I really wanted to. I mean she was kicked out of the sky! I guess its cause I'm a werewolf but it just sounds extremely odd. I nodded my head and was about to ask her another question but the door burst open.

"Come on, you idiots, search everywhere! They're probably masking their scents!" the man barked out.

"Sir, we understand the need for the Angel but why the Lun-"

"Listen punk, are you questioning my orders?"

I saw him through the cracks of the closet shake his head.

"Good," the man replied smirking and added quickly before walking out. "We need the Luna to rip Thaddeus apart, trust me that man has a weakness for her."

I couldn't help but smile slightly because of the love that Thaddeus showed for me. But quickly snapped back to reality when I realized they talked about killing him.

The man swallowed hard.

"Yes, sir,"

The man searched the room, checking under the bed, in the drawers, everywhere you could possibly imagine. I was just waiting for him to open the closet door and be like, 'Shit, I went through all that hard work for nothing, they were legit right here.'

"I can't mask the scent much longer," Rosaline whispered to me, I went wide-eyed.

"I have a plan," I whispered back.

I crawled to the opposite side of the closet and motioned for her to go to the side closest to her. Grabbed a hanger and some nearby sewing string from a kit in the corner and peered through. Seeing that he was currently checking the bathroom, I tied the string tightly around the hanger and slid the hanger from under the closet so it slid across the hard wood floor. It made it under the bed and I gave it a little tug so the metallic hanger part was wrapped around the bedpost.

The man's instincts took over and he walked out in the room. I placed the string down and quickly grabbed another hanger. The man looked around the room again before shrugging and walking back into the bathroom.

Idiot.

I tied the string to the clothing rod and grabbed another hanger and tied some more string around the hanger and looked over at Rosaline.

"When he comes, kiss him!" I whispered. Her eyes grew wide but she didn't reply since the scent masking had worn off. The man took a large breath of air and stalked over to the closet. "Well, well, well, look who we have here."

The light shown through the now open closet as the man looked at the two of us with an evil smirk on his face. Rosaline gave an award-winning smile that the man caught and was basically paralyzed. He snapped out of it rather quickly and yanked Rosaline up by her hand. She made a quick recovery by snatching his lips right away, just as I had told her to. I scrambled up onto my feet and took the hanger. Whacking the guy with it, he groaned and parted from the kiss. Rosaline punched him in the face and I finished it up by wrapping twine around him. The man struggled but with one final blow by Rosaline, he was knocked out.

I heaved his heavy ass body to the corner and tightened the twine around him. Two men came stomping in and ran towards us. They tripped over the string that ran between the bed and the closet.

Classic.

They fell face first and grumbled in pain scrambling to their feet. I quickly, without thinking, grabbed a nearby lamp and threw it at them. It successfully hit one man in the face. Knocking him out cold. I did a mental cheer in my head, super proud of my perfect aim. I didn't notice the second guy charging at me, I braced myself for the tackle but it never came. I opened my eyes and saw Rosaline hitting him; very hard with a hard cover book. I searched around quickly for another lamp to help Rosaline out. But then she started singing.

"Why the fu-"

"Sh!" she cut me off.

"Hush child, the darkness will rise from the deep and carry you down into sleep," she sang amazingly. The man's eyes shut.

"How? Wha-?" I stood there speechless.

"I made him sleep!" she spoke happily.

"How am I not asleep?" I asked confused on how if she sung it, how it didn't work on me.

She shrugged. "Only takes effect through physical contact." I nodded understanding.

Heavy steps came upstairs and Thaddeus sprinted in.

"Thaddeus, n-" but it was too late the string had already tripped him.