Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The small bump on my stomach was gradually getting larger as the days went on but the icy blue eyes that I missed never opened. The doctors didn't even know how long it would be until Thaddeus opened his eyes and spoke. All I know is that it has been months, and months on top of months. I continued to do the alpha papers and fill out treaties that I made with other packs in order to ensure security. Since Thaddeus was in a coma, rogues or Victor's pack might think that they could take us over because of that, but we were doing fine. Actually better than fine like fantastic. I stood up, doing a stretch and slightly wobbling into the kitchen.

I grabbed some cheese-it and ketchup, feeling like having them together for some reason. I walked back to the office and tapped the pad of the office computer. I've been looking up several ways that someone could escape death. Someone like Jason. But since the human world is so shallow, I can't find anything talking about that kind of stuff. I scrolled through the sites that popped up on Google while eating a cheese-it. My finger stopped on a website, with some old legend written in the description. I clicked on it and it lead me to a page that had looked like it had been scanned.

"Incantuitation" (in-can-tu-it-ation), I read trying to pronounce the whole thing correctly. (try saying that five times fast)

Incantuitation: the act of somehow escaping or evading the possible risk of death.

In some cases, those who are power hungry make deals with the devil. In order to live, they ask for one more life. The devil agrees but gives each an evil task. Hurting them and putting them in a life of misery. We have yet to see the day when the devil will rise to the earth from the person who has made the dreadful decision and that day will be the start of the battle.

The good versus evil battle.

I stopped munching on my cheese-it.

"Aww, shit," I muttered aloud as some crumbles fell on the desk. I wiped them away and swallowed my food. I guess all I could do was hope that this site wasn't true and it was just something to play with people's minds but a part of me didn't believe the lie I was telling myself.

I called April who has been helping me with my pregnancy and wrote the large word on a slip of paper asking her to see Cody about it. April nodded and gave me a quick hug before exiting. I continued to scroll through the stories, looking up the name on the internet. I turned to look at the clock realizing that it was after eight o'clock at night so I shut down the computer. I went to the kitchen and started the coffee maker. As soon as it finished, I poured some into a white mug, slipped on a pair of flip-flops that went along with my lazy outfit of the day—sweatpants and one of Thaddeus' flannels complemented with my hair in a messy bun. I walked out of the building, shutting the door behind me and walked over to the pack hospital.

"Luna," the pack doctor spoke bowing her head down. I nodded and walked over to the usual white room that I visited way too often.

"His status is constant; he should be waking up but we're not very sure when," the pack doctor interrupted my thoughts. I nodded sitting in the chair next to Thaddeus' bed.

"Luna. I think I better check your progression with the pup while you're here."

"Okay" I said reluctantly and placed my coffee on a nearby table and followed the doctor out.

Once we were settled in the room, she had me take off my flannel and put this gooey lotion on my stomach before placing the monitor on it.

"Alright you're about four months along," she spoke happily. "I could tell you the gender if you want."

"No thanks, I'd rather it be a surprise."

"As you wish, Luna."