13| Who Hurt Her?

BROWN EYED GUY's POV

Who is she?

For the past half an hour, the mystery girl has been trailing alongside me as we both walked around a couple of neighbourhoods in search of her home.

How does one not know where they live?

I had the shittiest day today, not that any other day has ever been a bed full of roses for me but I have no words other than a slew of obscene gestures to describe the wonderfulness of this day.

I had been up on the roof of the building for hours to get away from it all, when I heard a loud thud.

I almost didn't even see her–

When I did notice her, she was leaning her back against the wall, her arms wrapped around her own tiny body as she continued sobbing, screaming and gasping for air.

Her hair was cascading down her shoulders in a tangled mess. The tremors that left her body shook her uncontrollably, as my feet automatically took me to her without musing over anything.

And the moment her eyes connected with mine, I felt my heart skip a beat. I'm not sure what it was, but what I know for sure was that it was something because this had never happened to me before.

I was stunned

I mean I've had my heart skip beats in panic and fear before, but this was something different, something I had no idea about

My eyes couldn't take my gaze away from her, the way her beautiful blue eyes widened before squinting as she stared at me, and the way they held so much pain and dread, which she effortlessly tried to mask, as if she had been doing for years, all of this made my heart to want to take all the pain away.

But why?

How can a girl, I had no idea about until a few minutes ago, had such an impact on me?

I could tell from the way she was struggling with her emotions that those feelings had been pent up for quite some time, perhaps a few years.

How do I know this?

I have no clue how, call it a gut feeling, if you will, but I have a feeling like there's more in common to us than I'm willing to admit.

And seeing her in that state terrified me because ever since I learned to grow up, I had also learned to forget how to feel.

More like it was a necessity–

Her broken self foreshadowed a future me in a similar kind of spot and in the exact same condition as her.

Who hurt her?

This question had been running through my head and I couldn't stop myself from becoming more angrier and frustrated at the lack of an answer.

I could tell she was hurt by the way she was limping and gasping while clutching her sides.

I was deliberately taking smaller steps just so she wouldn't have to force herself to keep up my pace because, something about her tells me that there was no way she would want anyone to know that she was hurt.