68| Snapchat

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

Life is an invisible teacher, who has taught a lot of meaningful lessons, it shaped us to be better or worse, and the only method it knows how to teach is by throwing hardships our way.

The circumstances, whether good or bad, however positive or negative, are what teaches us the most valuable lessons.

And one of the many lessons that I've learned is that dwelling on every bad thing that happens in my life will drain all the energy out of me.

I've learned that I'm not going to be everyone's cup of tea and I couldn't get everyone to treat me the way I wanted to be treated because there's no way I can win everyone over.

One way or another someone will find a reason to be disappointed and that's okay because I'd rather choose my piece of mind over trivial arguments and fights.

I can't control what other people do, but I can always control how I choose to react, how I choose to handle and how I choose to respond.

Dwelling on these things will give someone else the power over me and my emotions, and sometimes it's just better to let things be, to let people go, to not chase answers and to not fight for closure.

I'm still learning these lessons and today is one of the days when I'll have to put it to use.

Aaron was my first crush, but he also has my friend, one of my closest companions and leaving things between us the way they were now without at least once trying to fix it won't sit well with me, but I am also not going to feel bad or guilty for myself and my feelings.

Right now my heart beat is running faster than Usain bolt's best ever sprint record.

My hands are fiddling in front of me as I stare at the closed doors of Aaron's mansion, waiting for the butler who has gone inside to notify them of my arrival.

The guards at the gates allowed us right in unlike the last time, probably possibly because Aaron had told them to let us in anytime, who knows.

Anyway, my friends have chosen to wait outside in the car with Lucca, because they haven't really talked to Aaron before and Lucca said he didn't want to be there to make things more awkward.

I heard footsteps approaching and I raised my eyes to look up towards the door, which had now begun to open, revealing Clara, who immediately smiled and pulled me into a hug.

It was reassuring that she isn't holding what happened at the dinner against me.

"What a pleasant surprise, dear." She motioned for me to come inside, and I politely nodded my head walking inside the familiar pathway of the mansion.

"Hey Clara, I hope I didn't intrude on anything." I said as she quickly shook her hand.

"Oh no, sweetie, you are always welcome. Come on in, Daniel is also here." She said with a smile that I returned with one of my grateful ones.