47| No grandpa can't die

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

"Poison?" Santiago and I both asked in shock, while my family avoided making any eye contact with me.

Except for Santiago's family and me, it appeared that everyone else was aware of it.

"WE NEED THE FUCKING ANTIDOTE RIGHT NOW, THE POISON IS SPREADING FAST. HOW MUCH MORE TIME YOU GUYS FUCKING NEED." I heard Alexander yell in frustration, from outside the room.

I looked around confused.

What is going around here?

"Do you have no idea what kind of poison it is?" Santiago asked abruptly, almost in realisation.

"We don't." Uncle Matteo replied.

"Do you have any amount of that poison on you?" He asked.

"We do have a bottle of it that Max and Enzo had in their lab, they have been working on that poison for days but they are only reaching dead ends. We still have no clue of what kind of poison it might be." Uncle Alessio informed Santiago.

"Take me to them, I can help." Santiago said hurriedly, as we all looked at him shocked and bewildered.

What??

"I'm a scientist in the field of toxicology, working with poisons is what I do." He answered our unasked question, but my uncles and father looked like they already knew.

Right away Vincenzo and Elijah escorted him out of the room, most likely to the lab Max and Enzo were working in.

"So I'm assuming I'm still not supposed to know anything?" I asked bitterly, with angry tears falling down my eyes.

"It's for your own good, princess. You–" Dad started when I cut him off.

"No dad–!!! I came to the hospital not knowing why grandpa had been admitted, only to find out that he had been poisoned. Who would do that? Why would anyone do such a thing to grandpa? Don't you think I deserve to know? Everyone knows except me. Do you not trust me? I've never complained before because I thought you'd trust me soon enough to tell me things on your own, but now I feel like you'd never tell me anything. Do you not consider me as a part of your family?" I asked dejected, finally letting out all the bottled up feelings of betrayal I felt from my family.

I started to feel like I was really insignificant,

I felt like an outsider.

Being trusted by someone was a very hard thing, but it was like a pillar that holds the foundation of a strong relations, and it shows the position you hold in people's lives, but my family doesn't trust me at all.

I might not have made any sense for the most part, but I was too far gone from thinking coherently.

I just wanted some damn answers.