21| Pieces From the Past

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

Kyson took my lack of response as a cue to continue, because my mind was preoccupied by the theory in my head, preventing me from thinking clearly, and no words came out of my mouth, especially since I was completely blank.

"Arabella, I'm sure you're scared right now, and I understand how difficult it is to open up when every part of your brain tells you not to. I know your instincts tell you to remain quiet and never talk about that traumatic experience which had brutally tormented you for years, those memories that had haunted your every dream, and those emotions that had always only pulled you down are probably at their peak, for fucks sake you had to grow up at such a young age, forget about living, you were basically trying to survive." Kyson said, the pain in his voice started to mingle with an induced frustration.

"Kyson–" I whispered out his name, attempting to stop him from further revealing the truth of my life, which I had never had the courage to acknowledge.

But he didn't stop, he looked as if he simply couldn't hear me, as if the thoughts in his own mind were weighing him down.

"And no matter what I say, no matter what anyone else say, no matter how much they tell you that what happened was out of your control, that you were safe now, that the things would gradually ease up for you, that the terrors will slowly fade away, and the monsters would finally leave you alone– but it might still feel the complete opposite. It might take you years to heal, or it could take you a lifetime." Kyson gulped in between sentences, his words were blended with gasps of breaths as he whispered the final part, his voice breaking throughout.

The tears in his eyes were threatening to fall while he held back his sniffles, reminding me how much he had been keeping his emotions bottled up.

And they were all exploding out of him, and the more he translated his cluttered emotions to words, the more pain in my heart began to expand.

But I was silently sitting in my seat, completely pale as if I had seen a ghost.

Maybe I had–

"But you know what, no matter how lost you are, how much you want to give up, and how much you fail to get over it, one thing will remain constant throughout, you won't be dealing with it alone ever again. Recovering from trauma will take time, and building trust may take years. There will be times when even superglue won't be able to hold you together, because it will be extremely difficult to overcome your demons, but we are here to stay– for a lifetime." He said with a painful smile on his face but his eyes eventually gave way to tears.

And I couldn't help myself either, I sat in my seat, silently sobbing, as the gravity of Kyson's words, no matter how reassuring, made me aware of how broken I am and how much I still had to work with, even if the two constant monsters in life had left me for good.

Will I ever be healed?

"Because you have your family with you now. We won't be able to take your pain away, but we will be there to help you fight your demons, which no one but you can fight. We will comfort you when you need it. We'll wipe your tears when you can't stop them. We'll be with you giving you the strength to fight, but you have to let us because you are not alone anymore. You have your father and your brothers with you." He said with a determined glint in his eyes.