32| It Hurts my Heart

Alexander's POV

Alexander's POV

"I'm going to go use the restroom real quick." Arabella said, excusing herself.

We have been in the restaurant for over an hour now.

Dad has recently bought this restaurant for my baby sister and we intend on surprising her later.

He was just about to tell her, but she stated that her bladder needed urgent attention.

My sister is half crazy,

Regardless, I'm relieved to finally see her acting like a teenager. When she got here, she used to be so alarmed at first and now I have never seen her so carefree, and I couldn't be more happier.

My baby sister has no malice in her heart or eyes, and she deserves all the happiness this world has to offer.

And this restaurant is just the beginning of many more gifts that would be given to my sister. I can already tell she loves this place, she had been gaping around the whole night looking in awe.

The evening has been a delight.

Everyone looks so happy, it had been years since the whole family came to sit together, just to enjoy and not only to plan ways to torture on those who betrayed us.

"So when are you going to inform her about the Mafia? You're well aware that you can't keep that from her. She is the only mafia princess in the families of two most powerful Mafias." Uncle Alessio questioned Dad.

Hopefully never

"I know, but I can't tell her just yet. I'm not sure how she'll react, and I don't want to lose her now that I've found her." Dad replied with a sigh of weariness.

"She is far too innocent for this world." Grandma said sadly.

She is so innocent, and yet has already seen a great deal of evil.

We are aware of how dangerous this world is for her.

People will claw at the very essence of her innocence in order to get to us. Those rotten vultures aren't going to waste any time in tearing her apart.

But we can't let her go because we're all so selfish.

She has conquered and broken the shackles of darkness that were clutching onto our lives simply by opening a door to the light of her own.

Everyone has started to laugh more, Kyson has started to come out of his shell, Matthew is no longer his usual angry self, Mason has started to spend more time with us instead of going out getting shitfaced.

And Noah actually looks happy now, he used to crack jokes just to make us all laugh but his eyes were so depressed.

He looks so much more alive now, as do the rest of us.