69| The Vampire Diaries

ARABELLA's POV

ARABELLA's POV

"Who's John?" He asked as my eyes turned wide to gape at him in shock.

Aaron's stormy grey eyes stared down at me with a frown on his face and his eyes held a question that I wasn't willing to answer.

My throat started to feel dry as my chest rose and fell heavily at the sound of my shaky breathing filling my ears.

Just the mention of his name brought back ugly memories which I quickly locked up in the cage of my mind.

"You don't have to answer, I'm sorry for bringing it up, it's just that last night you fell down on your knees, and screamed his name, almost as if you were begging for him to stop. I just want my brain to not think of what it thinks is what happened—" Aaron said as his eyes shone in genuine concern.

The memories of last night came to mind as I recalled how I lost myself in front of him and his family. I'm pretty sure they all had their own theories, their questions but I didn't expect anyone to voice their question out loud, not even Aaron.

I just stared at him while attempting to push back the memories which were fighting to claw out of the cage I was putting them in.

One question that my mind kept asking me, that I wasn't sure if I had an answer for it.

Do I trust Aaron enough to tell him about my past?

Not just Aaron, would I ever bring myself to tell everything that went down with me to Rhett or even my friends. My mind screamed at me to not cave in to the voice of my heart, that always easily trusts people.

I don't usually open up to people, not even my best friends know everything or anything for the matter of fact. I never fully opened up because I have built walls over the years and I'm afraid to break them down.

I'm afraid to see the way people will react or perceive me after, to see me as a broken self of a girl, a damaged good.

"I don't want you to judge me Aaron—" I said truthfully, while looking at the emotions in his eyes, which turned to hurt.

"I would never judge you out of all the people Arabella, in fact I'm not the type of person who goes around judging people. I have no right because I've never been in their shoes. I hope one day you'd trust me enough to tell me anything without hesitation. And It's fine we don't have to talk about it now." He said with a soft smile as he tried to mask the hurt behind his eyes, which didn't go unnoticed by mine.

His words filled my heart with a feeling of consolation while instilling a new sense of determination that filled my eyes.

I knew exactly what I needed to do. I know now that the people that are close to me will never judge me.

My past has somehow made me how I am today, it defined me in some ways, it is what has made me stronger, it grounded me, taught me to be considerate, and it is going to stay with me no matter how much I try to run away.