Happier

TW: death and mentions of the war

Italics - flashbacks as usual, but the ones in bold italics is Olivia singing. But if it's only in italics then it's you saying it.

Olivia Rodrigo, a very popular female singer with millions of fans. She recently released a few new songs, and one of them were Happier.

Harry was driving past Y/N's street in London, about to pay a visit to an old friend when Olivia's new song "Happier" began to play.

"We broke up a month ago,"

"Your friends aren't mine, you know, I know."

As these words were said, Harry's mind immediately drifted off to the time of the second wizarding war.

~

"You've moved on, found someone new."

Back in the days, Harry found someone new. But he was in a relationship at the time with Y/N.

"One more girl who brings out the better in you. "

Her name was Y/N, he loved her truly. She was nice, yes. Wonderful in fact. "The definition of lovely." They would say. She could make everyone's head turn towards her as she walks by all the time.

"And I thought my heart was attaches to all the sunlight of our past."

But still, even though Harry had the girl every boy and girl dreamed of dating, he still wanted someone else.

"But she's so sweet, she's so pretty, does she mean you forgot about me?"

Y/N stood patiently in front of a fidgety Harry, who was playing with his fingers and stuttering.

"Come on, Harry. You can tell me." Y/N spoke softly, Harry's heart ached for her.

He took a deep breath and sighed. "I found someone new."

~

"Oh, I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me."

Y/N stared at him in sadness a few days later. Harry had a guilty look in eyes but continued to hold Ginny's hand.

"I love you so much, Harry." Said Ginny. Harry nervously laughed, "I love you too, Ginny. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go. So find someone great but don't find no one better."

"Y/N." Harry breathed. Y/N turned around, "Potter."

"I hope you're happy, but don't be happier."

"And do you tell her she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?"

"And promised three words you know you'll never mean?"

"Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?"

Harry looked at her, seeing how much he hurt her through her eyes.

~

"And now I'm pickin' her apart,"

"Like cuttin' her down make you miss my wretched heart."

~

"But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies."

Y/N was running away from Dolohov, who was shooting spells at her as she ran.

She took sharp turns everywhere, hoping that he would get lost.

After a few minutes of endless running, she finally got rid of Dolohov, but soon bumped into the last person she wanted to see at the moment.

"Y/N." Harry said, "Potter." She replied while looking around, making sure no one else is eavesdropping.

"I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me."

"Look, I'm really sorry." Harry begged as Y/N sighed. "Just be happy for me, please? That's all I want for you." She said and ran away, leaving a very confused Harry.

He decided to speak to her when this is all over.

Oh but little did he know...

~

"I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better."

"I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really."

"Say you love her, baby, just not like you loved me."

"And think of me fondly when your hands are on her."

"I hope you're happy, but don't be happier."

"I hope you're happy, just not like how you were with me."

"I'm selfish, I know, can't let you go
So find someone great, don't find no one better."

"I hope you're happy, but don't be happier..."

Harry's heart was aching, he never knew that a song could make him remember every single detail of someone he loved.

I'm so sorry if this was terrible, I'm experiencing writers block and I just want to update so I won't upset you all. Again I have a request so I'll be writing it soon. Excuse my grammar I'm really working on it. Really.