JASON

Jason was starting to go crazy. He felt like his head was spinning just thinking about Percy and what the hell was going on between them. He couldn't even think straight during football practice today. Coach Hedge had to keep yelling at him with his extra loud megaphone to get his "cupcake behind" out on the field. Jason obliged every time because even though Coach Hedge was a small man, he was a very scary and strict man.

After practice Jason walked to his car in the school's parking lot only to see Piper standing there against the passenger side. He already knew where this was going to go and he was ready to turn back and hide inside the school, but the security guards already locked them so there was really no escape.

"What are you doing here?" Jason asked as he approached his car.

Piper stepped closer to him, propping her hip to the side and twirling Jason's hoodie strings with her finger. "I haven't seen you around lately, Jason. I just wanted to see what my boyfriend was up to."

Jason gently took her hand away from his hoodie strings. "But I'm not your boyfriend anymore, Piper."

"Oh, don't be silly, sweetie!" She took another step closer and looked up at Jason, her lips uncomfortably close to his. "I know you want to kiss me," she whispered.

Jason smiled as kindly as he could and took a step back. "No, I don't."

She let out a sarcastic laugh. "Ever since you took on that charity case Jackson you've changed. Everyone is starting to say you two are a little too close."

Jason squinted his eyes at her. "He's not a charity case, Piper. Mind your business."

"How can I mind my business when everyone is calling my boyfriend gay? And I have to lie and tell them you can't be because we already had sex."

"You can lie to those people all you want about us havin' sex, but people who know me know damn well I didn't give anything to you, no matter how much you begged."

Piper stomped her foot and glared angrily at Jason. "Who the hell are you talking to, Grace?"

"You, McLean." He walked to the driver side of his car and opened it to put his football things inside.

Piper smirked and crossed her arms. "So it's true. Little Percy's got your heart." Jason didn't answer. "Wait till the whole school finds out." She walked away into the parking lot, leaving Jason sitting in his car, pondering what Piper said.

Did Percy really have his heart? Was Jason really into him? Jason knew he cared about Percy more than Percy probably knew, but that's not all that it is. The day he drove Percy to get those photos from his old apartment, Jason felt something. At the moment, Jason probably didn't piece it together because he was shocked. All his life he would talk to girls, kiss girls, even dated a girl. Now, girls don't even appeal to him. All he could find in his heart was Percy. Jason decided he has been denying it for far too long and he finally admitted to himself that he wanted to be with Percy - that he was more than a friend.

Jason must've sat in his car for a while thinking about how he would admit his newly acknowledged feelings to Percy because his phone rang, a picture of his mother lighting up the screen. when Jason looked at the time, he saw it was already eight o'clock in the night.

Jason answered the call. "Hey, mo-".

"Jason Grace," his mother bellowed, "why aren't you home? I know practice ended at seven!"

"I'm sorry, mom. I'm just thinking."

"Whats on your mind, honey?"

Jason thought for moment before saying, "Percy."