JASON

NOTE: I'm very sorry about this late update, and im sorry the chapter is short. I've been a little down. i hope you enjoy!

Today was Monday. It would be Percy's first day back at school and he was going to hand in all of his missing work. Jason was excited for him. He was hoping Percy would get a fresh start, be able to bring himself back up before they had to apply to colleges next year. He believed Percy could bring himself back up before it was too late. he deserved at least that.

Jason was waiting for Percy in his car. The raven haired boy must've been beyond nervous because Jason has never seen a guy take this long to get ready in the morning. He could only imagine how anxious Percy probably felt. He must feel so different, but stuck. He probably felt like he wasn't making progress, or where to even start. He had mentioned to Jason he used to wake up early on school days to make Gabe food. It seemed Percy was still in that schedule because Jason woke up to footsteps in the room next to him at five in the morning. Jason thought someone had broke into the house.

Finally, Percy came into the car and sat in the passenger seat. He took a deep breath and sat back into the seat. "This feels weird."

Jason laughed. "You're gonna be okay, Percy."

Percy turned to look at Jason, his eyes seemed a little sad. "I had a dream last night."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I dreamt about my mom dying. It felt so real, like she died all over again."

Jason didn't know what told him to put his hand over Percy's, but he did. He gently placed his right hand over Percy's left and squeezed it sweetly. "Today is going to be okay. You're doing your best." Percy looked up at Jason and his cheeks tinted pink. Jason just kept staring into Percy's eyes. It almost felt like he was swimming in them endlessly.

The sweet moment was interrupted by Jason's phone. He quickly moved his hand away from Percy's, feeling his own cheeks heat up from their moment. But when he checked his phone, his mood shifted. All he saw was a text from Piper saying her parents were going out to dinner and she wanted him to come over. Jason didn't know what to say. She was always doing this. He would go over expecting to watch a movie, but all she wanted to do was sit in his lap and make out. She even wanted to have sex, but Jason just wasn't ready for that. Piper didn't feel like the one he wanted to do things like that with. He sighed and put his phone in his pocket.

"Are you okay?" Percy asked, as Jason started the engine and pulled out the driveway.

"It's just Piper," Jason said flatly.

Percy didn't say anything after that. Jason just drove and Percy was reading a book. Whenever Jason stopped at a traffic light, he would glance over at Percy from the corner of his eyes. He would catch Percy's face knit into a confused look. His eyebrows were furrowed and his nose would sometimes scrunch up like the book disgusted him. But, he was taking Jason's advice. Jason had told Percy the dyslexia gets easier to handle if he tries reading a little everyday. Percy seemed to be trying his advice, even if he struggled just a little bit.

After a few minutes, Jason pulled into the parking lot at school and took the keys out. He turned to Percy, who was staring outside the car window at the school building. "Ready, Perce?"

Percy turned to Jason and nodded his head, giving Jason a small smile that made Jason's heart skip a beat.