Part 1.2

3rd Person POV

"And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the bodybuilder's face, and... and then the guy just... vaporized. I mean, I was drugged, right?" Clary rambled walking to and fro on the living room of her apartment.

"What did the markings look like on the blonde boy you were talking about?" Jocelyn asks her overwhelmed daughter.

"Who cares, Mom, okay? Are you even listening to me? I think I killed a guy."

"Clary, did they look like this?"

Jocelyn takes her stele and a rune appears on her lower arm.

"Mom, what the..."

"Everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation, and I've dreaded having this conversation with you since the day you were born."

"What is going on? Am I going insane?" Clary whimpers.

"No, you're not. But the protections are wearing off. You're 18 now, and you need to know the truth." Her mother tries reasoning.

"Protections? What does that even mean? Mom, you... Mom, you're scaring the hell out of me."

"I know, and that's why I've put this off until the last possible minute."

"Jocelyn, look out the window. Magnus called to warn us. They found you." Dot warns.

Jocelyn looks out the window and sees the guys in suits step out of a car.

"Dot, it's time." Jocelyn tells Dot. "Okay, listen to me Clary, you cannot be near me."

"What's happening?" Clary questions.

"I got a very powerful person angry."

"What did you do?" she asks her mother franctically.

"I hid something from him and his followers."

"Followers? Mom, why can't we just call the police?" Clary suggests.

"The policeman you need to call is Luke. Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it."
Jocelyn takes out a necklace with a purple pendant from a cupboard and puts it around Clary's neck.

"Mom, this is not the time for more birthday gifts. What the hell is happening?"

"Trust your instincts. You're more powerful than you know." Jocelyn continues. "Everything I've done, every mistake I've made was because I love you more than words."

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"Luke will explain everything. He'll hide you."

"Hide me?" Her eyes widen with fear.

"From the Circle. He's the only one you can trust. Trust no one else."

"Mom, I don't-"

"Where's Luke now?"

"At the police station!"