Part 1.17

OUTSIDE NYPD

"You know what? I'm gonna bring Jace with me next time. I don't think he'll slap me in the face."

"You're only saying this because you like him." Liz winks at Jasper.

"I'm sorry, I panicked." Clary apologizes.

Jace, Izzy and Alec arrive at the police station.

"Someone called for backup?" Izzy asks.

"Yeah, I need my talented siblings to help me out. What took you guys so long?" Liz asks, tying her hair in a ponytail.

"Funny, I was gonna ask you the same thing." Alec smirks at her.

"It's complicated." Liz shrugs.

"We found the Cup." Clary exclaims.

Izzy's eyes widen. "The Cup?"

"Yeah, but then we lost it. We have to sneak back in the precinct to get it."

Alec sighs and shakes his head. "This is a disaster."

"Hey, demon pox is a disaster. This is an inconvenience. We just need a plan. That's all." Jace says.

"Can we ask Magnus Bane to portal us inside?" Clary asks the group.

"No!" Alec suddenly bursts.

"That'd be awkward." Izzy sends a wink in Liz's way. The smaller girl gets what she's suggesting and smirks.

"Magnus can only portal us to places he's been to before." Liz tries to cover up as she sees Alec glaring at her twin.

Clary's cell phone rings. "Not again. Just give me a second." She picks up the phone. "Simon, this is really not a good time."

Simon on the other side of the phone is in the park. "Clary, where are you? This is an emergency."

Clary straightens up, concerned for him. "Simon, are you okay?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't been kidnapped yet today." he lets out a dry chuckle.

"Simon, seriously, what's going on?"

"I think I'm sick. Like, really sick."

"Simon, remember that time you thought you had the bird flu? Okay, just stay of the internet and you'll be fine." She reassures him.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But this time it's different."

"This time I'm really-"

Jace grabs Clary's phone.

"Hey-" She protests as he hangs up.

"Oh, my God. She hung up on me." Simon pales, cold sweat running down his back.

"Simon's little problem can wait. I've got a great plan." Jace tells the redhead.

"Oh, there's a first." Liz teases him.

Jace lets out his signature sarcastic laugh. "Very funny Lizzy-bear. Just follow my lead. Oh, and don't worry, in my plan, no one gets slapped."