Part 1.4

Outside The Institute
Elizabeth POV

"Clary. Clary, come on. We gotta go."

"Simon, I think Elizabeth can help us." My name rolled off her lips gracefully

"What?" Simon looked at Clary with a funny face.

"Come on." Clary urged Simon to come with her.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy and the girl who's looking at me like she's gonna kill me are even gonna try-"

"Mundane, we do not have the time.Hurry up or I'd really act upon my instincts and kill you right now." I snapped.

"Come on, Simon. Let's go." Clary called out for him softly.

Jace, Clary, Simon and I go into the institute. For a mundane it looked dark and abandoned. I drew a rune. Simon glanced at what I was doing and looked frightened.

"I know. Trust me." Clary rubbed his shoulder comfortingly.

"She's, like, burning himself."

I took Simon's hand in mine forcefully.

"Miss what's going on? I don't think I'm your type, I don't even know how to talk to hot chi-"

"No you aren't my type, shut up!" Now Simon was able to see the Institute and he started rambling.

"Where are we? What the hell? Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"There is now." Jace said and went into the ops centre.

"I think my mother's at the center of it." Clary added and let out a big sigh.

"You coming?" Jace addressed Simon.

"Yeah. What is this place? There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop? So these cold-blooded killers are gonna help us?"

"She's not a killer. They're protecting us."

"Specifically, you. It's sort of our thing." I said with a eye roll to Simon.

"Your thing? You guys have a thing?"

"She means a Shadowhunter thing. That's what they do, protecting humans from demons." Clary tells him before I can snap at him.

"Yeah right I'm sure that's what Liz meant" Jace decides to be a sassy bitch.

"Demons, right. That makes perfect sense, 'cause there are demons running all around New York." Simon tapped his fingers on his thighs.

"That is the first correct thing you've said all day." I give him my best plastic smile and poke his cheek with my finger.

Jace did some things on the computer touch screen in the ops centre. A camera shows policemen in front of the church.There were NYPD officers near the entrance.

"Won't they find us?" Clary hesitated, taking a step towards the screen to have a closer look at the screens.

"No. Our wards will deter them." I reassured her.