Part 1.15

THE INSTITUTE

Alec is training to fight with a stick. Izzy walks up to him. "Promise me you won't go through with it. Promise me you'll say no."

Alec scrunches his eyebrows in confusion. "What are you talking about? Say no to what?"

"They're gonna make you marry." Izzy pouts.

"Who's they?" Alec asks, still confused.

"Our parents are making plans for both of us."

"No, you heard wrong." He dismisses her.

Izzy stops him by grabbing Alec's weapon. "It's true, Alec. They need a political alliance quickly to restore our family name and our influence at the Clave."

"I knew Clary Fray would come back to bite me in the ass. So wait, I'm getting married, what are you and Liz doing?"

"They need me to convince the Clave to placate the Seelies somehow. And Liz is going to be trained to be an envoy for the Clave."

"You're playing the diplomat? Again? That's my job. That's what I'm supposed to be doing!"

"I know that. But I'm the one with ties to the Seelies."

Alec scoffs. "Is that what you're calling it now?"

"Alec, I'm on your side."

"Really? I have followed every rule. I've given up everything!" He throws his weapon away.

Izzy places her arm on his shoulder. "We'll find a way out of this."

Alec pushes Izzy's arm on his shoulder away. "Screw the rules. Screw them. Screw all of this." He walks away.

"Alec!"

STREETS

"So is this where you kill me and dispose of the body in some ditch where no one will find me?" Simon asks the golden haired shadowhunter.

"Tell me again. What does Clary see in you?"

"My inner compassion. Something you're sorely lacking."

"You don't really need compassion when you can get by on charm and good looks."

"And you wonder what she sees in me." Simon nods to the building. "What are we doing here?"

"My black market dealer operates out of this building."

"Cozy. Downworlder, I'm assuming?"

"Hates mundanes." Jace smirks

Simon shivers. "So you guys have something in common."

"Just, uh... hang back Simon. It's for your good." Jasper asks him calmly.

"I told Clary I'd get her what she needs to save Luke. I'm not hanging back like some third wheel."

Jace hold his blade against Simon. "You are a third wheel. And I wasn't asking."

Jasper smirks at Jace. "So you agree that we are a couple now? Come on! Let me atleast take you out on a date first." Jasper laughs at Jace's pink cheeks and him stammering under his breath.

Jace goes into the building with Jasper. Simon hears something and suddenly sees Camille.

"Camille?" He runs to the place he saw her and sees his own body on the ground, dead. There is blood on his neck.

The shadowhunters exit the building.

"Run!" "Run Simon!" They shout together.

Simon looks at the ground, but the body is gone.