Part 1.9

Clary twists and turns in her sleep. she clutches the bedsheets in her fists.

YOUNG CLARY: Mom, I don't wanna do this.

MAGNUS: She won't be a child forever, Jocelyn.

JOCELYN: For now, I don't want her part of our world.

Clary sees Magnus take her memories and she wakes up frightened. She wakes up to see that Liz is sitting on her bed.

"Hey. It's okay, I'm here. You're safe." Liz cups her cheek with her left hand gently.

"Liz..." Clary says in a whisper.

"What?"

Liz changes into Simon.

"You all right? You still seem... kind of freaked."

"Simon." Clary looks baffled.

"Hey. I got you. You're okay. Must have been one hell of a nightmare."

"You have no idea. I was strapped to this piece of furniture and my mom was there. She kept telling this guy to protect me, but then he reached his hand into my skull and ripped out my brain."

"Hello, Freddy Krueger."

"Tell me about it. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"

"Uh, I just... really needed to see you."

Liz was about to walk into Clary's room, but he sees Simon is there. She waits by the door without letting Clary and Simon see her.

"I am so sorry. My messed up life put you in danger." Clary apologizes to her best friend.

"I'm fine."

"No, if those vampires hurt you... I couldn't live with myself. You're all I've got left."

Liz feels a pang of hurt in her chest. She leaves from the doorway and goes back to the training room.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that your friends got me out before the vampires drained me like a Big Gulp. But... How well do you know them. The Liz girl seems fishy? Can you trust her?

"I think so. I mean, she saved my life... and yours."

"True. But I was thinking... all of this craziness started the minute you bumped into her at Pandemonium. You think that's just a coincidence?"

"Honestly, I don't even know what to think anymore. All I know is I have to get my memories back. I need to know who I really am. Maybe... Maybe I saw where my mom hid the Cup, and... and if I could just remember... I could save her. I just... I wanna put all this behind me. But I don't know this world. I don't even know where to start looking. I'm... I'm just lost."

"Hey... okay. Look, start with what we know, okay? We know that dreams are remnants of memories."

"Right. Yeah."

"You saw your mom in the nightmare, before the guy was reaching into your brain."

"Yeah, she... she called him Magnus. I mean, it's completely random, I never-"