Part 1.8

HOTEL DUMORT

Simon is pacing in front of Camille and Raphael.

"I hate throwing things. I don't... I literally hate throwing things. Even at my own Bar Mitzvah, I wouldn't throw spitballs at a gray table. I mean... I would never throw things, honest to God! Oh, God. You guys can't say God, right?"

"For God's sake, what are you trying to say?" Raphael smirked.

"I didn't... I didn't mean to throw that thing." Simon looks at Raphael, fear evident in his eyes.

"Of course you did, darling. That's what makes you so amusing." Camille muses.

"I don't find any of this amusing." Raphael looks at Camille with a pissed expression.

"Me neither. I can't say how sorry I am. I can pay to have the whole thing—"

Camille snaps her fingers and time stops moving for Simon.

"Thank you. The living are so exhausting." Raphael lets out a long sigh and plops down on the couch.

"But this one will be useful." Camille circles around Simon, like an eagle watching it's prey.

"I don't know. I'm not sure breaking the Accords was the best idea. If you'll forgive me for saying so."

"I'll forgive, but I won't agree. You know as well as I do Clary Fairchild will come after her dearest friend... or whatever he is. All we have to do is take her. Either she has the Cup or we'll make her tell us where it is."

"She'll bring those Shadowhunters with her."

"They won't get past the front door. Even if they do, we've got them vastly outnumbered. Have you ever tasted Shadowhunter blood? It's heavenly."

" I wouldn't know. Let's stick to the subject. Isn't this the wrong time to be antagonizing the Clave? They're our best hope if Valentine really does make a comeback."

"How much longer have I been at this than you?"

" Three, four-hundred—"

"You weren't supposed to answer that. Suffice to say, she who controls the Mortal Cup, controls the Shadow World." She touches Simon when she walks past him. "He's a tasty little morsel. Don't you think?"

"Camille, him?"

"Remember chocolates? Sometimes the plainest candy shell has the tastiest center. We'll see."

Camille snaps her fingers and time is no longer frozen for Simon.

"...so I'd be happy to pay for a whole new jacket."

Raphael scoffs and walks away.

"Don't worry, my little caramel. Everything will be just fine."

HARDTAIL, BAR

Clary and Liz walk up to a club.

"You wanna kill time at a biker bar?" Clary eyes Liz suspiciously.

"We can't move on the vamps until sunrise. Plus, there's something I need in here." Liz winks at the red head.