12. Fun in the sun

Rose Clark POV

I've been lying awake for hours in my bed with my phone googling Austin and every single link I click on makes me doubt my decision to not run away from him considering the amount of overwhelming evidence that says Austin Silver is dangerous.

He's not just any bad guy, he's the worst of them all.

Yet I can't wrap my head around the fact that as I read all these terrible claims about him, I can't see Austin ever doing any of these things that people accuse him of in the tabloids and news, all he's been to me and Max is a nice boss, even telling me that he liked me.

I have no idea how to approach him after basically googling his entire life, which is entirely public knowledge, apart from his personal life, nothing is said about how his father owned a garage or his life as a child, it's like a massive amount of time and years are erased from history and no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find a single thing about Austin Silver until fifteen years ago, when he raised to power in the underground circuit and became 'boss'.

I haven't seen him since that awkward realization talk we had to 'get to know each other better', he said something came up and he had to leave and he would be back tomorrow, I haven't seen him since then and he hasn't come back.

I don't know if I should worry about him or not, I've never worried about anyone other than Max and myself, no one else mattered more. 

Not to mention he is my boss, I don't want to be awkward around him because of what he does for work, it's really none of my business and I want to keep it that way, the less I know the safer I will feel with me and Max staying here and continuing working for him.

It's Saturday and no school so I promised Max he could play in the pool again, I even bought him some floats so he could go in the deep end, and with the weather being so nice, I'm going to surprise him by having a BBQ, something I've never done on an actual BBQ that wasn't self-made.

Getting up out of bed and heading to the bathroom in my room, I brush my teeth and wash my face and tie my hair up in a high ponytail. Deciding to go with something comfortable I grab my swimsuit and some shorts and put them on.

Leaving my room I head straight for Max's bedroom and just as I was about to open the door, I see the door open and Max standing there already dressed in shorts and he's looking up at me with a cheeky smile.

He looks like a completely different boy after he got his haircut yesterday, my little brother's floppy hair is all gone and he went for a style that is similar to Austins, it was what Max wanted so we got it cut like that.

"Rose! Can we swim now?" Max asks excitable.

I shake my head and hold onto his hand as I lead us down the hall and down the stairs, making my way with Max to the kitchen. "Eat first buddy then swim, okay?" 

He groans out and crosses his arms over his chest and looks at me grumpily. "Fine." He mutters out.

"I have a surprise for you, but first you need to eat all of your breakfast okay?" 

His eyes light up and then he nods his head grinning. "Ok!" 

We both sit and eat our breakfast, we both have banana waffles with syrup and a glass of orange juice, which Max eats within record time, clearly only thinking about jumping into the pool once again and finding out his surprise.

"All done! Can we go now? Please, Rose, please?" Max jumps up and down on the spot, looking at me with big puppy eyes as his eyes dart between me and the door leading out into the garden with the pool.