chapter twenty nine

chapter twenty nine - june, 1985

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was the summer of 1985 and Alex and Mike were in the blonde's bedroom, casually making out. The blonde's hands were in Mike's hair as his were on her waist. Alex was sitting cross legged on her bed with Mike sitting on the floor on her desk chair. A mashup of 'Stop In the Name Of Love' and 'Free Your Mind' was out on Alex's radio as the two carried on kissing. Over the summer, Mike had had yet another growth spurt, making him tower over the blonde. His hair was longer and he looked older. Alex however, was still five feet tall. She had a much curvier and skinny figure that she often showed off in shorts and cropped top.

"I wear tight clothing, high heeled shoes, it doesn't mean that I'm a prostitute, no, no. I like rap music, wear hip hop clothes. That doesn't mean that I'm out sellin' dope, no, no, no."

Mike leaned back from Alex, breaking the kiss as he closed his eyes and sang along to the radio.

"Before you can read me, you got to learn how to see me, I said," Mike sang along as Alex looked at him and laughed, "Stop in the name of love, before you break my heart!" Alex's eyes went wide as she put her hand on Mike's mouth, laughing as he grabbed her small wrist and took it off his mouth. "Stop in the name of love, before you break my heart!"

"Mike!" she said laughing as she watched as her boyfriend pretended to play the drums.

"Free your mind and the rest will follow," he kept singing as Alex stared at him.

"Mike, Mike stop," she said laughing as she grabbed his hands, "Mike!"

"Be colour blind, don't be so shallow," Mike kept singing as he pretend to play the drums. Alex leant forward and pressed her lips to Mike shutting him up. She pulled back as Mike stared at her.

"You don't like it?" he asked as Alex laughed.

"No," she said laughing. Alex's blue eyes still held the same sparkled in them, which only got brighter when she was around Mike. Mike pouted as Alex smiled and pressed her lips to him. Alex smiled into the kiss and tangled her hands in his hair.

"Hey!"

Alex and Mike frantically broke apart and saw Jesse walking up the stairs. Alex's eyes went wide as she flung her hand at the door, her eyes glowing red as the energy ball closed the door. They frantically looked at each other before grabbing two magazines Alex had on her beside table. Alex quickly leant back on her bed while Mike sat at the end of it and they began to read as Jesse walked in.

"Al," Jesse called, "open this door. Open the. . . ." but when Jesse opened the door, Alex and Mike looked up at him, acting like nothing was wrong.

"Everything okay?" Alex as she looked at her brother, trying to hold in a smirk.

"Y-Yeah," Jesse said confused, "um. . . ."

"Jesse," Isabella said as she approached Alex's bedroom. "They're just reading and spending time together, nothing is happening. Leave them be." Jesse nodded and walked away as Isabella smirked at them. "Next time close the door," she said.

"Thanks," Alex said as Isabella smiled. She checked her watch then looked at the two.

"Shouldn't you two be heading to the cinema?" Alex checked her clock and her eyes went wide.

"Holy shit," she said as she threw her magazine on the floor and grabbed Mike's hand. "Thanks Iz!" she yelled as she and Mike ran down the stairs, quickly put on their shoes, Mike grabbing his rucksack before they ran outside, slamming the door behind them as they grabbed their bikes.