(5) Navigator

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"Can you tell me about him?" The little one asked from Jimin.

It was the next morning of the little one's birthday and he took his chance after the breakfast as Taehyung, Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi were out because of some work. The little one was left alone with Jin, Jimin and his Granny.

Smiling at the little one's question, Jimin answered,

"Kookie was our brightness. His bubbly self was what had kept us smiling all day, our worst days would get better just by seeing his smile. He was there for all of us but we all failed to do so" Jimin smiled sadly at the last part.

Jin pat his shoulder in comfort and said,

"You know Soo, your mumma adored Kookie very much as well and when he left she cried so much wherein your Dada had locked up himself entirely but when he got to know that you were in your mumma's tummy, that was when we saw him smile for the first time after Kookie left. We all were very devastated from his sudden disappearance but later we understood why he left but your Dada still doesn't know"

"Why doesn't Dada know?" Soo asked after he listened to his uncles carefully.

"Because it wasn't and is still isn't our place to tell him baby. Only Kookie can answer that to him, we don't have the right too and moreover Kookie didn't wanted Tae to know, he made us promise him that we won't tell him and we just couldn't bring ourselves to break the promise after all it was the first thing that Kookie ever asked for from us" The eldest Kim said and Jin, Jimin nod their heads.

Their eyes were getting moist as they recalled their moments with their Kookie. Their Kookie was indeed special to everyone of them, only if they would have been successful to make Kookie stay with them but they couldn't and that's what  they regret the most.

"I just hoped, really hoped that he would have stayed in contact with us. If not, Tae then anyone of us but sadly he didn't and I can't blame him as well, he was going through a lot and stuff back at his home got ugly as well. Although, I would have really appreciated that if he could just tell us how he was doing but things happened and we can't change it. We couldn't do anything back then so I don't know how we would change everything now" Jimin gulped the bitter lump in his throat as he finished.

"But we can find him again, right?" The little one asked and the eldest Kim was the only one who nod her enthusiastically and she was determined of course.

"But how?" Jin questioned.

"We will Jin, we will. I have a hunch that he is back in Korea" The eldest Kim answered.

"I-I really hope he is" Jimin wiped his tears as he spoke.

The eldest Kim side hugged his son-in-law who couldn't stop his tears. Jin was still showing he was okay but they all knew better. Jungkook was like a baby to Jin and now remembering him is painful for him as well.

They all have only one thing that they regret the most, they could have stopped him if only they knew what was going on with Jungkook but they failed.

Life is never easy and what Jungkook was going through was something they couldn't even imagine. Who knew the last month before Jungkook left, all the smile he showed that last month were all just a mask to hide his pain.

If only, Jungkook would have talked to them about it. Things would have been different they all knew it but the boy at least had texted all of them for the last time when he already left the country, telling them it wasn't their fault but still no one stopped blaming their own selves.

Saying it was easier than actually accepting it.

You know those days, those days where he was sad. Those days where his body felt heavy and it looks like everyone else except him was busy and fierce. His feet won't set off, though it seems like they were already too late.  

Coming home and laying in bed, thinking if it was their fault?

Dizzy night, looking at the clock, soon it would be midnight. Was there something different? There wasn't. 

When the minute and second hands overlapped. The world held its breath for a little while. 

And they were going to be happy, like that snow that just settled down. They will breathe, like the first time. Eventually, everything would turn around where everything is going to be new.

The little one, Kim Jungsoo was going to be the navigator.

When the sensory fog would roll in the six year old would navigate. When his uncles and granny wouldn't be able to tell, he would. He would pick the path when all they all would see unmarked ground. He'll keep going, keep trying for his Dada.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

I love him so much 🤧