(13) Chocolates

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

It was the next day while we were en-route to see Jungkook. I wasn't that nervous as I was before maybe because I already met him yesterday. After I came back I told them about the unexpected meet and we dropped the plan of them meeting him.

I received a text from him last night, he said he wanted to meet everyone and we couldn't have been happier. Jungkook himself was taking steps towards us once again.

I was happy to know that at least meeting him wasn't one-sided he was equally invested in that.

What I was nervous of?

Jungkook is going to meet Soo.

"Dada"

"Yes baby"

"Can I get something for pretty angel?"

Pretty angel that's what Soo called Koo. It was no lie though, he was a pretty angel.

"What do you wanna get?" Mom asked.

"Maybe chocowates? Dada does pretty angel like chocowates?"

"As far as I remember he does" I said and mom nodded in agreement.

"Get your uncles know that we are pulling over to get chocolates" Mom said and he excitedly grabbed my phone to call them.

I stopped the car once I spotted a familiar store. Visiting Busan after this long time brought strings of the past into the present moment, adding up all those precious moments of joy into a bigger feeling.

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

On the wall that has been crumbling these past seven years, I sat, letting my eyes roam over the graffiti. With the finger of my right hand I felt the cracks and the pits made by so many seasons of hail and rain. Today, like the sidewalk weeds, they are dry.

My left hand tightened involuntarily around the candy bars, making the wrappers crinkle. They had seemed like such a great idea in the store, something we had eaten when we were kids, back when we were just eight spotty teens throwing aeroplanes at the back of class.

What if in the last seven years he had become someone else, prim and well-to-do?

For all his antics, Jungkookie was the smart one.

What if he just looked at them like they're cheap candy and chocolates. Come to think of it they're kind of hard to chew and they make a mess. Before I could stow them behind the wall I heard him,

"Taehyungie"

I smiled as I looked around to everyone else as Jungkook approached closer. I knew what they were thinking,

It's Jungkookie, an older version, but still in jeans, casual, smiling.

He didn't yet see anyone but me so when he approached closer his smile wavered, eyes turning glossy. He was engulfed in a hug by mom. She was crying, sobbing, seeing him after seven long years.

Jungkook was her son, Jungkook is her son and would always be and not seeing him for this long was hard for everyone, not only just me but everyone.

After they pulled away with a smile, he walked closer.

"Missed me, Jimin-shi?" Jiminie laughed through his tears as they hugged.

"Hobi hyung, you still got that sun brightening smile I see" That made Hobi hyung smile widely as he ruffled his hair, pulling him in a hug.

"Did you get banana milk for me Jinnie hyung?"

"I missed you" Jin hyung said, hugging the hell out of Jungkook who just giggled in return.

"Joon hyung, you have changed" He giggled poking hyung's biceps.

"How have you been kiddo?" Jungkook mumbled good quietly giving Joon hyung his share of hug as well.

Moving to Yoongi hyung, he didn't say anything. He just looked at him, lips quivering and once Yoongi hyung opened his arms out for him, Koo just dived right in. I could hear his muffled sobs that got my eyes moist as well. Yoongi hyung's eyes were glistening as he rubbed his back to comfort him.

Yoongi hyung and Jungkookie were always close, really very close.

"Dada" I felt Soo tugging the hem of my t-shirt.

I smiled and picked him up in my arms as he was holding two big packs of chocolates in his hands. By the time Jungkookie pulled away from Yoongi hyung after hyung wiped his tears and pat his head, he looked at me and his gaze fell on Soo.

"Hey" Jungkook waved at Soo.

Soo smiled widely before saying,

"Pretty angel, Dada missed you for so long"

Jungkook looked at me and I looked away, it was awkward.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

Big revelations 'starting' from the next chapter