(24) Husbands (M)

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

It was late. 

Jungkook had to employ all of his concentration to set one foot in front of the other. At least he didn't have to navigate, Taehyung's hand was a blazing and steadying point of heat at the middle of his back. Jungkook pushed the heavy door open and hummed at the rush of blessed warmth that greeted them. 

Perhaps that shouldn't have surprised him, two fireplaces and all. 

Wine and food and general merriment had slowed his thoughts and his movements, it was a miracle that Jungkook managed to shuck the outer layers of his tux.  

As he thought of his husband, Taehyung appeared in front of him, tipping his chin upwards. He allowed Taehyung to steal a chaste kiss, it certainly woke him up a little.

"Are you wishing for a bath?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook had barely opened his mouth for a breath before he followed it up with,

"You may join me, if so" And that certainly woke him up. 

He replied without thinking. 

"Alright" And, really, it was silly of him to be nervous of sharing a bath with the elder he was supposed to share the rest of his life with. It was just a bath. 

He gulped as Taehyung gestured him into the enormous washroom. Yes. Just a bath. 

Luckily, there was enough in the washroom to distract him from his rising anxiety. It was actually jaw-dropping to take in the swirling edges of the wall-mirror, luckily he caught sight of his reflection and quickly shut his mouth. The effect of the multicoloured pebbles under his feet was indeed pleasant and Jungkook took a moment to stand in place and wiggle his toes as Taehyung worked at filling the bath. 

Taehyung placed his hands atop Jungkook's shoulders and Jungkook happily leaned back against his body. Those large palms slid down Jungkook's arms and Taehyung's hair tickled over his shoulder as lips found the back of Jungkook's neck. 

"Do you find it pleasing, my love?"

Jungkook shivered.

"I do" 

A chuckle. 

Jungkook turned in his grasp, a thrill running up his spine at the elder's chuckle and at the softly intense look in his pale eyes. He pressed his hands against Taehyung's chest.

"Perhaps we should disrobe"

Having shed their outer garments earlier, this was the work of moments. Jungkook blushed darkly and toed into the water first before he could stare at Taehyung's naked body, he was pleased to find that there were steps carved into the side of the bath upon which he could sit. Immersing himself in the sinfully hot water from the shoulders down, he sighed a bit.