(28) Kim Jaeunie

(A/n: ⚠️ This chapter includes graphic references to death in textual form. If uncomfortable, you are advised not to read further for your own peace. The parts written in italics in this chapter are flashbacks to events)

 The parts written in italics in this chapter are flashbacks to events)

Third Person's POV

The afternoon was drawing to a close and the sun was beginning its descent, casting a long shadow across the graveyard. This graveyard in particular was the one in which the well loved Kim Jaeunie had been laid to rest. A steady wind blew across the grass below, causing it to sway slightly, while birds flew around the area, chirping gently. 

As the sun continued to set, nine individuals entered the graveyard and approached the headstone which stood above the site where Jaeunie was buried. These individuals consisted of the ones who had been closest to her in life along with her baby.

Who are these people, you may ask? 

They were none other than Taehyung, Jungkook, Soo, Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin, Namjoon and the eldest Kim. 

Every year, whenever the anniversary of Jaeunie's death arose, they all visited her grave and used their time there to remember her, the life she lived, and the legacy she left behind.

After Jungkook came back in their lives, he went along when they went to visit Jaeunie's grave. Today the family of nine were standing in front of her grave like they always did, each of them holding a bouquet of flowers. Soo also had letter addressed to his mother which contained words of love along with details of the different adventures kids his age enjoyed and the times he spent with the family. It was something the kid had decided to do after he turned four.

After the family quietly stood there for what felt like an eternity while trying and failing to hold back their tears, the eldest Kim having the most difficulty due to missing her daughter greatly, Soo was the first one to place the flowers down after placing his, everyone else except Taehyung placed flowers right next to the tombstone, stood back again. 

"Hey mumma, Soo came over to say hello like always" He began. 

"Dada, read Soo's letter to mumma please" Soo said, extending his letter to his Dada which he asked his Uncle Joon to write for him. 

"Mumma, I fulfilled your wish. Kookie is my Papa now. I brought Papa back, Dada and Papa are married now mumma, just like you wanted. Papa is really pretty mumma, just like you said. He is a pretty angel and I love him and you know mumma he loves me too. He plays with me, eats with me and cuddles with me. Me and Papa spend a lot of time together now, without Dada but I still love Dada. Papa is amazing, mumma. He makes Dada happy. I saw Dada smiling more, just like you said mumma. Papa misses you mumma, we all do" Taehyung read, taking in deep breaths to control his tears. 

Jungkook on the other hand was crying hard, his palm on his mouth as he tried to be as quiet as he could, not wanting to disturb the moment. Everyone was teary-eyed, gulping the lump forming in their throats every once in a while.