13| on the road

ROSEMARY STARTED GOING TO PARTIES at the age of fifteen, only two years ago

ROSEMARY STARTED GOING TO PARTIES at the age of fifteen, only two years ago. Although she didn't start drinking until her sixteenth birthday, spent with her then-boyfriend Jake, who celebrated by buying her her first alcoholic drink. She was reluctant to drink it at first, but then, all her family and guardian's tales on peer-pressure went down the drain when she chugged her first bottle of beer.

She stared at herself in the mirror, running her fingers through her hair. She didn't walk away until she made sure there was nothing glaringly wrong with how she looked. She added a touch of makeup— her usual mascara that she'd steal from Lorelai's dresser, a tinted lipgloss and a touch of blush.

    When she stepped out of her room, she bumped into Rory. "Sorry—" She observed her floral dress, then asked; "Going somewhere?"

    "Harrington's throwing a party."

Rory nodded in recognition. "Oh, yeah, i'm going too, with a friend." She added the last part edgily.

"You are?"

With a small frown, she asked; "Why do you sound so surprised?"

Rosie reconstructed her surprised face into a neutral expression to avoid offence. "I'm not, it's just that don't usually go to parties." She made her way to the kitchen to sneak a snack into her bag.

"That's not true— remember the party after new years?"

"When you left ten minutes later to watch a movie with Dean? I vaguely remember." Rosie leaned in, nudging her teasingly. "So, who's the friend? Lane?"

"No, Lane's still at church camp." Rory sighed. "She's coming back next week, though."

"Oh." She tried to recall who else it might be, but was left clueless. "So, who is it?"

She saw her considering telling her for a moment, but then shrugging in a casual manner. "I guess you'll find out tonight." She mimicked Rosie. 

"Vague. Mysterious." Rosie pointed out, narrowing her eyes at the girl. "I'm intrigued."

   "Learned a little something from you."

   "Don't learn too much, I don't think Lorelai can handle another Rosie under her supervision, or else she might turn into the conservative mom from Almost Famous."  Before Rory could point out the inaccuracy of the reference, Lorelai stepped into the kitchen.

    "Hey, I have a dilemma I need your opinion on; am I more beautiful today than I was yesterday?" She asked hopefully before she stopped to observe the two. "Were you talking about me? I feel like you were talking to me."

"Jeez, it's like you have a sixth sense with these things."

"It's probably why I always get this tingly feeling when I walk past Babette." She knelt to the far end of the counter to grab her car key.