11| great expectations

THE FOLLOWING DAY, the town turned into Paris Gellar's think-piece

THE FOLLOWING DAY, the town turned into Paris Gellar's think-piece. She was so certain that she could find something in Stars Hollow that could be turned into an article for their school's paper, no matter how hard Rosie attempted to convince her that Stars Hollow was just not that interesting of a town. "If Donna Tart can write six hundred pages of nothingness and become a global bestseller, I can write a four-page article good enough for our school's newspaper."

"Well, if you manage to find a murder mystery story and cultish society in this town, sure."

Paris turned to Rory inquisitively. "Any crimes, thefts, murders?"

"Well, Kirk once stole my mom's car." Rory said thoughtfully, but then shook her head when she remembered the full story. "Oh; actually, she gave him the keys the day before but forgot, so she only thought he stole it for a while."

Rosie stared at Paris as if to say; I told you so. "I'm telling you, there's a story here, and it doesn't need a crime to be interesting."

    "Hey, have you ever considered just making it up?" Rosie suggested. "You could add in something about Stars Hollow having the highest murder rate in Connecticut, and I can promise you no one will be bothered to search up if it's accurate. Actually, you can add in something about an alien invasion and sprinkle in some UFO's and they won't bat an eye."

Rory nodded. "And that is why you should stick with being a novelist, and leave the journalism for us two."

"You're the only one from Stars Hollow, aren't you?" She nudged her. "They'll never know."

    Paris pulled them into the bookstore, drifting over to the corner with album vinyls. It was a rather scarce  collection of supply, certainly not enough for more than a corner of space. Rosie wasn't an avid music listener, with Paul Anka being the a great amount of her taste. And seeing Jess by the record corner caused her to take a sharp turn, pulling Paris and Rory with her in a way subtle enough that Rory didn't notice to ask.

    The Stars Hollow bookstore wasn't much either, but it was unfair for her to say, seeing as she completed most of the novels in the fiction section. She scanned the familiar book spines, visiting here enough times that she memorised the order and placement. "Well, no story here." Paris decided.

  Jess took a turn to pick up a book from the shelves and glanced over at them, then did a double take until his gaze glued on them. His eyes grazed over the Gilmores, landing on Paris. He scoffed slightly. "You again."

"Kurouc's defence team." Paris regarded him with chill distaste.

"Maneater." Jess responded, his eyes drifting to Rosie, giving a faint nod as a greeting. She shifted uncomfortably in her place, tense for a reason she couldn't pinpoint, and offered the smallest of smiles back.