Jealousy; The Ugliest emotion. Pt. 2 (Rimmer)

~ Previously ~

The guys didn't seem to notice Y/n as they continue fighting one another. Y/n decided to take her pistol and shot it into the air to try and get the guy's attention. There was a stunned silence from the guys. "I said, what are you all doing?"

~And now~

There was another short silence, as Y/n crossed their arms appearing, rather obviously, unamused. "Well?" They asked, raising an eyebrow. Just as suddenly, there was an outburst of stammering between all the men. Y/n's face changed to one of confusion, "Alright, alright, one at a time!" They had yelled, trying to be heard over the guys.

After a spout of silent a hesitant Rimmer decided to step forward "Well, you see, we knew you were not much of a fan on seeing us argue all the time so we thought we'd come in here and-"

"This? Again? What the bloody hell do you all have to argue about?" Y/n asked them, frustrated. The crew gave them a look, and Y/n looked back at them, confused for a moment before they finally realised. "You can't possibly mean..."

Rimmer awkwardly nodded, "Well, yes-"

Y/n sighs as they walks over to Rimmer, gently taking his hand. "You realise, that, we have been dating since we had starting working together?"

Rimmer looked up at them from their intwined fingers, the slightest blush across their face, "I, thought things would be different-"

Y/n had instantly pulled him into a hug, holding him tightly. "Diffrent? Yeah, but it didn't mean I stopped loving you."

Rimmer smiled, his first genuine smile in years, as he hugged them back, gently sighing in relief. "I wish we could do this all the time."

"We'll find a way," Y/n had softly retorted as they noticed the others leave the game, allowing them to be alone with Rimmer.

They gently rested their head against his chest, as they continued the hug, "I promise." They whispered.