Chapter 14

Barry scooped up his daughter and held her against his chest making sure not to wake her as he went up the stairs he opened the attic hatch and carefully brought her up and placed on the couch after getting her blanket and pillow from her bed

He had no idea how Sabine got up there on such a small ladder to tuck her in every night. He pulled the sheet up to her chin and put a kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight, Mari" he said quietly not wanting to wake her, but she had heard apparently "goodnight dad" he heard her say half asleep sure she wasn't awake but it had the same effect on Barry either way.

When hearing her words his heart skipped a beat and he felt happy so happy that a kid he had barely known for a day that was his daughter had just called him dad there was no better feeling, no wonder Joe loved it when Iris called him day, Barry thought as he went downstairs.

As he went down the stairs there was a skip in his step literally. He sent the photo he took earlier to Joe and called him, he knew it was late but he had to share the news with someone. "......Barry do you know what time it is" Joe asked if there was only an hour time difference between Paris and Central City.

"She called me dad" Barry blurted, not sure how Joe would react to the news. "You called me at 11 at night to tell me this" he stopped and silence took over for a second before he laughed. "I'm proud of you Barry, I already got her to call you dad in a couple of hours and she is the cutest thing I have ever seen, only second to Iris of course." the father and son laughed at his words.

"I have one question" Joe said and Barry hummed in response. "Why did it look like she fell asleep in a kitchen cupboard?" Joe asked. Barry's cheeks went red with embarrassment thinking about how he couldn't find her at hide and seek.

"Yeah about that, let's just say I suck at hide and seek, no wonder you found me all those times I tried to run off," he joked. "Barry Allen, did you lose a kid playing hide and seek and it took you that long to find her, that she fell asleep in a kitchen cupboard?" Joe questioned putting his detective side to work.

"um.....I....its not...." Barry stuttered out unsure of what to say, and knowing Joe could see through the lie, or more accurately hear through, Barry didn't try and lie his way out of it. "Maybe?" Barry answered. Joe shook his head across the line and chuckled thinking about his adoptive son, a superhero loose to a kid at hide and seek.

"So the Flash got beaten by a 7 year old girl, who happened to be his daughter, how does it feel to lose Barry?" Joe asked jokingly. "Haha, I don't know how but she is really good at that game."

After at least half an hour of Joe telling Barry to be more responsible as a parent and getting a lecture, the two said goodnight and both headed off to bed after a long day. Even after getting to bed Barry couldn't stop thinking about Marinette and everything they had done today.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long wait, had lots of homework recently, so how was the chapter? Anyway the prologue of my new flash book is finished now all I need to do is make the book a cover which I will do tomorrow and if I get to the cover tomorrow the new first chapter should come out on Friday or on the weekend.

Comment, Vote :)