Six

I awaken later in a hospital bed, far nicer than the last one I was in. I had several blankets draped over me, tucked to keep me warm. Several machines and IV lines were hooked into me. I close my eyes the minute a wave of pain washes over me. I re-open them with reluctance and look around the room. A doctor is sitting there looking at a computer, oblivious to the fact I am conscious.

"Hello," I croak out.

He looks up in shock before rushing over. "Oh my! I didn't think you would wake up so soon. How do you feel?"

"Like I got hit by a tonne of bricks."

"That doesn't surprise me, you were very much dead. Your heart stopped beating. Most of your limbs were unsalvagable, but you still have your left arm."

"Unsalvagable, what does that mean."

"Well, the bones, the ligaments, muscles, blood vessels. Whatever comprises an appendage, it was completely beyond repair. We have replace three of the four limbs with metal appendages. State of the art technology, made of vibranium."

"And I died?"

"Yes. On the way back, your heart stopped beating. I assume it was from all the stress your body was under. Under normal circumstances, you shouldn't have survived at all, but you did."

"Oh... and Asset 01, what happened to him?"

"Oh, I can't tell you. It's classified information. I don't even know myself. Anyway, let me show you your new limbs."

He pulls back the sheets, and I am indeed fixed with three new metal limbs. I flex my fingers of my right hand, watching as they move seamlessly.

"Wow." I breathe.

I guess I am now the monster Alexander Peirce said I was.

"We had to adminster a third dose of the super-soldier serum as well, to ensure that you will live, so hopefully that works well. You were so weak, that no one was sure you'd survive once you came back. Never done three doses on one subject."

Subject. Who the hell does he think I am, and who the hell does he think he is?

I reach forward with my new arm, grabbing him around the neck. It takes minimal effort before his eyes roll to the back of his head. "Hail HYDRA." I quickly rip out all the wires and tubes attached to my body before leaving the room in nothing but my hospital gown.

Walking down the corridors, I see many soldiers and guards, but none make an effort to stop me. The layout of the building seems unfamiliar, different to the last two HYDRA compounds I was in. It takes me a while before I find an office. The lighting is dark and somewhat gloomy, and only once I have stepped inside do I see someone sitting at the desk. The person looks up in surprise. "Took you long enough."

"Where am I?"

"You are here in the Sokovian facility. This is still HYDRA, so don't worry there. How are you feeling Posie Parker." The way he sends my names sends a chill down my spine.

I step further into the office and take a seat in the chair that faces his desk, "alright, I guess. Who are you?"

"Ah, I forgot of my manners. My name is Baron von Strucker. I am one of the leaders of HYDRA."

"What about Alexander Pierce."

"Cut off one head and two more shall appear."

Dead.

"Well what about Asset 01, or The Winter Soldier, what happened to him?"

Baron von Stucker sighs as he stands up from his desk. He walks slowly around the front of the desk, leaning on it, similarly to Alexander Pierce. "You need to forget about The Winter Soldier. I was reading your files, and it appears that the last few missions you went on, you failed. That is unacceptable. I will not tolerate such incompetency, and for that you will pay."