Twenty Four

"We'll find Vision."

Steve hangs up the phone, staring at the floor before looking at Natasha, "Visions turned off his GPS system two weeks ago,

"So you're saying he'll be with Wanda in Edinburgh. Already on it."

"What's happening Cap."

"Someone named Thanos is after the infinity stones. So he'll be after Vision and the mindstone."

I move to take a seat on the quinjet, moving to sit on the far side of the plane, where Tyrone and Jamal join me. The three of us sit away from Steve and Sam, who whisper to each other.

"Who is this Wanda and Vision."

"I don't know who Vision is. But Wanda..." I trail off. "I never had the best experience with her."

"I've heard of the mind stone." I glance at Tyrone, eyebrows raised. "I think I read it in one of the HYDRA files, I can't quite remember."

"I don't have a good feeling about this Thanos."

"Neither," I reply quietly, ignoring the sinking feeling in my chest and the weight that had settled over my shoulder.

The rest of the flight is silent, Tyrone and Jamal falling asleep very quickly, leaving me sitting alone in silence. I look up to see both Steve and Sam staring at me. With nothing better to do, I move over, taking a seat next to Steve.

"You're so different now."

"What do you mean?"

"You seem more alive."

I stare at Steve, trying to understand what he means, "I don't follow."

"What he's trying to say, is you don't seem like a complete crazed assassin like when we met a couple of years ago. I don't think happier is the right word, but it seems like you're getting there."

I look away from them and down at my feet, hands tapping lightly against my knees. "Oh... yeah well I'm no longer brainwashed and have more control over what I do."

"Yet, you still kill."

"T'Challa told me everyone finds peace differently. I knew I couldn't stay in Wakanda, so I chose to leave. I never originally intended to continue that path. And technically it was Jamal's idea, he said that revenge would be good."

"Revenge?"

I nod, "payback for what they did to me. The plan was to hunt HYDRA people in hiding, but like I said we uncovered a whole plot of HYDRA reestablishing."

"Well damn. Also, Bucky said you should visit, but I don't know if that can happen anytime soon."

I internally wince. I had told him I would come and visit, but I never did. Truth be told, I had forgotten about him. It was almost weird to me after spending an entire year obsessing over him to not even think about him. "How is he doing?"

"He's doing well. He's a lot better, like you. Although he is going about it a whole lot differently than you."

"His goats, right?"

"You met them?"

"Ahh, he showed me the goats he takes care of them, but that was it."

"Yeah the goats. He's quite fond of them. It's good to see him every so often, you should have visited earlier."

"That's good." I whisper softly.

"Can you tell us what those two are like?" Sam asks, nodding his head towards Tyrone and Jamal, who snore softly.