Twenty Seven

Five Years Later

I tap my finger against the scratched desk, patience wearing thin. A frustrated sigh escapes my lips as I push myself to my feet, knocking over the chair in the process. The door bursts open, and two men stumble into the room, breathing heavy, reeking of smoke. One moves forward, placing a briefcase on the desk before doubling over hands on his knees.

"That's all we could find ma'am."

My finger trails across the desk before reaching the briefcase. I pop the latches, opening it wide to reveal ten bombs sitting tightly in the foam. I shut the case, grabbing the gun that sits next to it. As I turn around to look at both men, their eyes widen, warily eyeing the gun in my hand.

"Hey, we got you what you wanted." The one further back says, raising his hands in the air.

"Yes, but you were sloppy." I nod my head in the direction of a cracked tv mounted on the wall. A picture of a building surrounded in flames fades to reveal two mugshots of the men who stand before me. "I will not have two incompetent buffoons working for me, especially if their faces are now all over the media."

"Please Miss Parker, we are so sorry."

"We got what you wanted, please don't kill us."

I smirk, aiming the gun. Two shots later, their bodies lay on the floor, blood pooling from their heads. I shove the gun into the waistline under my shirt before grabbing the briefcase. I step over the bodies, moving towards the door, taking the stairs. I move through the abandoned building, keeping my ears peeled for any sound, as I move to the back entrance where I have a car waiting for me.

The driver gives me a curt nod as I crawl in the back, placing the briefcase on my lap. He drives off without a word, speeding in the direction of the other side of town. Upon arrival, we exit the vehicle, moving to the large warehouse.

"She's back."

"Move it!"

I shove the briefcase into the closest man, "add these to the weapons inventory, and be careful, with these ones. One bomb can take out this entire building. There's ten in the case." The man gulps, hurrying off while I walk inside.

Several people nod to me, but I ignore them, my driver shooting them dirty looks encouraging them to get back to work. We make our way through the warehouse towards the adjoining building where all the office and bunk rooms are located.

"How much longer now Miss Parker?"

"I think sooner rather than later, wouldn't you agree?"

"O-of course."

"I hate people who stutter." I reach forward, grabbing the driver firmly by the neck, my metal fingers contrasting against his pale neck. I squeeze tightly, feeling nothing as the life leaves his eyes. His body falls to the floor. I slam my heel down on his neck, bones breaking, followed by hot blood squirting everywhere. "Someone clean up this mess." I call over my shoulder. I walk off while several people rush forward.

I enter the office, moving to stare at the whiteboard when my phone starts to ring. I roll my eyes before answering it. "What?"

"Hello to you too."

"What do you want Natasha?"

"I just wanted to check in on you. It's been a while."

"I'm fine. Never call me again."

"Posie, I know what you're doing."

"Right." I agree sarcastically.

"You're one of the largest gang leaders in the world now."